    I format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    Thanks.
    , Mar 29, 2009

  2. Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:58:49 -0700, cuocvuitancung wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    > Everybody knows that the "Favorite folder" is automatically located in C
    > drive. But many times when I formated hard-dish drive, I forgot to save
    > everything in "Favorite folder", so I lost links I spent lots of time to
    > look for.
    > So my question is, can I move the "favorite folder" to D drive? So if I
    > format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    > Thanks.

    Just format the drive, and the "favorite folder" will automatically be
    moved to the D drive in the process. I do it all the time.

    Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg
    Dan C, Mar 29, 2009

  3. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody,
    > Everybody knows that the "Favorite folder" is automatically located in
    > C drive. But many times when I formated hard-dish drive, I forgot to
    > save everything in "Favorite folder", so I lost links I spent lots of
    > time to look for.
    > So my question is, can I move the "favorite folder" to D drive? So if
    > I format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    > Thanks.

    Gotta ask, why isn't your Favourites included in your regular backups?

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 29, 2009
  4. Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:14:13 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    >Gotta ask, why isn't your Favourites included in your regular backups?

    If the GG'er would stop fudging with his/her hard-dish drive, he/she
    wouldn't have a problem now would he / she?
    Evan Platt, Mar 29, 2009
  5. Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi everybody,
    >Everybody knows that the "Favorite folder" is automatically located in
    >C drive. But many times when I formated hard-dish drive, I forgot to
    >save everything in "Favorite folder", so I lost links I spent lots of
    >time to look for.
    >So my question is, can I move the "favorite folder" to D drive? So if
    >I format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    >Thanks.

    Best way would be Tweak UI, Under "My Computer, Special Folders"
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx
    --

    Dynamite fishermen accidentally kill the world's most unlucky diver.
    http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s090324.html
  6. wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    > Everybody knows that the "Favorite folder" is automatically located in
    > C drive. But many times when I formated hard-dish drive, I forgot to
    > save everything in "Favorite folder", so I lost links I spent lots of
    > time to look for.
    > So my question is, can I move the "favorite folder" to D drive? So if
    > I format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    > Thanks.

    No.ITs forbidden by your government.

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com
    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 29, 2009
  7. freemont Guest

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:28:35 +1100, Gaius Baltar writ:

    > On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:58:49 -0700 (PDT),
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi everybody,
    >>Everybody knows that the "Favorite folder" is automatically located in C
    >>drive. But many times when I formated hard-dish drive, I forgot to save
    >>everything in "Favorite folder", so I lost links I spent lots of time to
    >>look for.
    >>So my question is, can I move the "favorite folder" to D drive? So if I
    >>format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    >>Thanks.

    > What OS?
    >
    > In WinXP, Favorites has to be in C:\Documents and
    > Settings\[user]\Favorites\, but you can easily make a backup to drive :
    > or wherever.
    >
    > gb

    (I don't see the OP.) This is not correct. The Favorites folder doesn't
    have to be in any particular location on disk.

    OP, simply right-click and drag your Favorites folder to wherever you
    want it, click Move Here and that's that. IE will look for it there from
    then on.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    freemont, Mar 30, 2009
  8. Guest

    , Mar 30, 2009
  9. Guest

    Thanks all.
    I already moved Favorite file to the D drive. But now, when I open
    "Favorite" in IE, all of the links disappear (I guess IE just opens
    whatever in C:\...\Favorite which now is empty, not D:\Favorite).
    Also when I add a link to "favorite" in IE, the file still goes to the
    "Favorite" in the C drive, not to that in the D drive.
    How can I make links to be save automatically in D:\Favorite from now
    on?
    Thanks.
    , Mar 30, 2009
  10. olfart Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks all.
    > I already moved Favorite file to the D drive. But now, when I open
    > "Favorite" in IE, all of the links disappear (I guess IE just opens
    > whatever in C:\...\Favorite which now is empty, not D:\Favorite).
    > Also when I add a link to "favorite" in IE, the file still goes to the
    > "Favorite" in the C drive, not to that in the D drive.
    > How can I make links to be save automatically in D:\Favorite from now
    > on?
    > Thanks.

    download TweakUI for winXP....google for it....and go to Special Folders
    olfart, Mar 30, 2009
  11. Desk Rabbit Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    > Everybody knows that the "Favorite folder" is automatically located in
    > C drive. But many times when I formated hard-dish drive, I forgot to
    > save everything in "Favorite folder", so I lost links I spent lots of
    > time to look for.
    > So my question is, can I move the "favorite folder" to D drive? So if
    > I format drive, I won't loose the data in case I forget to save it.
    > Thanks.

    Try this:-

    http://tinyurl.com/dk7gdp
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 31, 2009