    The PSU, one of the last remaining sensible, practical, and dull items within a PC. In the days of yore when everything was beige and a kind of mottled steely colour this wouldn’t have really mattered; but today’s modern PC’s have windows, neon’s, UV, led-fans, shaped grills, lighted grills, silver mobo’s, various wild and wonderful shaped and coloured cases, and amidst all of this vibrancy lies the humble PSU, still grey, still boring, still forgotten… That is until today!
    How to Link
    **Discuss this how to in this thread only**
    Silverstrand, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    ahhh this how to brings back memories, OF HOW SHITY MY LAST SETUP WAS!!!! BAHAHAHAHA (that means where my computer is :|)
    i was hopeing to do part 2 but i never ended up getting my dremel in time... (still haven't got it yet :|)
    unholy, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Cool cheap way to make it look cool. All the nice looking one are to expensive..
    stlava, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hey if ur going to do this mod, be careful... normally wait 10 - 30 minutes before touching the actual insides :|
    Part 2 is also coming pretty soonz :D
    unholy, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    K thanks I've taken apart a power supply to clean it from the dust.. are there liquid cooled power supplies? that would be cool.
    stlava, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    InspectorGadget

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    9
    Sweet looks pretty good to me. Just might wanna change the disclaimer a little bit saying its dangerous to open it up.
    InspectorGadget, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Maybe i should :|, any ways whats the point of liquid cooling a PSU... just a heatsink is good enough :D
    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    Ciger

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    28
    Can I point out something :twisted: instead of the 5 to 10cm wire :eek: the professional use the GOOD OLD AMERICAN..... paper clips that's right... if you can't find the 5 to 10cm wire go for good old paper clips :eek: it works perfectly :wink: my two cents :wink:
    Ciger, Jun 30, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    Blazin Trav

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    29
    You should add a guide about cutting or painting the PSU as well.
    Blazin Trav, Jun 30, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 30, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nah theres no point in water cooling, first off they are quite anyways :D, everyone be ready for Part 2... (if i can get the acrylic on time :D)
    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    ZAK18

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2005
    Messages:
    21
    WOW NICE STUFF
    BUT THE PRICE IS HIGH..... :roll:
    ZAK18, Jul 4, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    ZAK18

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2005
    Messages:
    21
    I MODDED MY PSU TO...
    NOW ITS SILNET ^-^
    ZAK18, Jul 4, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :D did u get a spark... i shoulda put the Wait 10 minutes for power to drain :|
    unholy, Jul 4, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    wow, amazing. Man, you should put a warning, this is not for those who has no experienced. It's always dangerious to mess with the PSU:).
    PUTALE, Jul 4, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    To the max, i am mega lucky i didn't touch the contacts!!! or u wouldn't see me here today :| i should get the warning doubley quick :|, but first my PSU Part 2 :D
    unholy, Jul 5, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    hehehe. yeah, always gotta be careful when you start messing with that power.
    PUTALE, Jul 6, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i have to Mount my CPU fan before i steal the PSU that i am modding :|
    unholy, Jul 6, 2005