How to migrate Outlook (2000, XP) from MS Exchage Server to a single PC?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by say@no.to.spam, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a problem with 2 of my PCs connected to a MS Exchange Server,
    one runs Oulook 2000 another Outlook XP (2002). All my emails,
    contacts, etc. are stored on the server. I now want to migrate to a
    normal POP/ SMTP and store my Outlook folder on my PC. How can I do
    it?

    I tried to do export and then import off-line from LAN but this
    doesn't work, I can't access my stuff afterwards.

    There are a lot of programs out there to backup and restore outlook
    stuff but none of those I found offers to back up from an Exchange
    server and restore to a private PC.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks
    , Nov 23, 2003

  2. Travis S. Guest

    Have you tried to creat a Personal Folder via control panel--> mail or Mail
    & Fax applet on the PC prior to Importing?

    Travis S., Nov 25, 2003

  3. Sultan Guest

    What you want/need to do is archive all your mail. This will create a pst
    file which will contain all your current e-mail from your mailbox. This
    will also remove said e-mail from the Exchange server.

    As far as getting Pop3 access that is something you will have to take up
    with your Exchange administrator. Don't be surprised when they say no.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Nov 29, 2003