    gradation.

    http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill to learn more
    http://avpsoft.com/download/apfill.zip

    AVPSoft, Nov 3, 2004

  2. AVPSoft

    Harvey Guest

    "AVPSoft" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If you have printer that you, understand that at a printing of a sheet
    > with the text and at a printing of a sheet with figure on all sheet,
    > the different quantity of toner (ink, ...). What does mean the
    > mysterious phrase in the instruction to the printer that it can print
    > with one cartridge 2000 sheets at filling a sheet on 14 % etc. This
    > program will help to count filling a sheet at a printing within 1 %
    > and it outputs results separately for gray gradation and color
    > gradation.
    >
    > http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill to learn more
    > http://avpsoft.com/download/apfill.zip

    Yes........ what?

    Harvey, Nov 3, 2004

  3. "Harvey" <> wrote in news:0Taid.416$HH2.121@newsfe4-
    gui.ntli.net:

    > Yes........ what?

    This program is 100% bogus. Just a scam.

    Moreover - it is not allowed to ad here for it in the first place.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Nov 3, 2004
  4. Hey...
    Judging by the writing style, he must be the same guy who wrote the manual
    to my first Japanese camera in 1969!

    GC

    Graham Crawford, Nov 3, 2004
  5. Roland Karlsson wrote:

    >This program is 100% bogus. Just a scam.
    >
    >Moreover - it is not allowed to ad here for it in the first place.

    and... who is going to enforce that???
    really, comments like that quoted above are really farcical and as much a waste
    of bandwidth as this message stating the obvious fact that there is no
    moderation thus, no enforcement of imagined rules.

    I mean, who in hell is going to kick anyone off??

    please, lets get serious and just ignore such debates. responding to them is
    equally ridiculous.

    fwiw
    chas
    --
    chas
    The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Nov 4, 2004
  6. schuetzen - RKBA! <> wrote in

    > and... who is going to enforce that???
    > really, comments like that quoted above are really farcical and as
    > much a waste of bandwidth as this message stating the obvious fact
    > that there is no moderation thus, no enforcement of imagined rules.
    >
    > I mean, who in hell is going to kick anyone off??

    Calm down. No one can kick any one off. But - it is not allowed
    according to the charter and I told the poster so.

    > please, lets get serious and just ignore such debates. responding to
    > them is equally ridiculous.

    You just made yourself ridiculous :)

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Nov 4, 2004
  7. AVPSoft

    Robert Guest

    I know

    Weigh the cartage, and weigh the paper first, then weigh the paper after it
    comes out from the printer,
    now subtract the weight the paper had gained from the original ink supply.
    Keep tabs on the amount used
    and add them up.
    Ha Ha

    Robert, Nov 5, 2004
  8. AVPSoft

    ... Guest

    Robert wrote:

    > I know
    >
    > Weigh the cartage, and weigh the paper first, then weigh the paper after it
    > comes out from the printer,
    > now subtract the weight the paper had gained from the original ink supply.
    > Keep tabs on the amount used
    > and add them up.
    > Ha Ha

    As trivial is it seems... The ability to quote the consumption of toner
    is a real world necesatity for anyone running a digital print shop. I
    ran 100 A3 page photos off my new printer and the software reported 95%
    of the toner remaining. This supposedly allowed me to gauge the cost of
    printing those photos. The trick of course is to know taht cyan is used
    twice as fast as the other colours and black is 160% of the colours.

    Anyway... Without buying some crappy program, I an able to get a ball
    park figure on toner usage and add enough profit margin to cover any
    errors. No rocket science, just common sense.

    Doug

    ..., Nov 5, 2004
  9. AVPSoft

    AVPSoft Guest

    "..." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Robert wrote:
    >
    > > I know
    > >
    > > Weigh the cartage, and weigh the paper first, then weigh the paper after it
    > > comes out from the printer,
    > > now subtract the weight the paper had gained from the original ink supply.
    > > Keep tabs on the amount used
    > > and add them up.
    > > Ha Ha
    > >

    > As trivial is it seems... The ability to quote the consumption of toner
    > is a real world necesatity for anyone running a digital print shop. I
    > ran 100 A3 page photos off my new printer and the software reported 95%
    > of the toner remaining. This supposedly allowed me to gauge the cost of
    > printing those photos. The trick of course is to know taht cyan is used
    > twice as fast as the other colours and black is 160% of the colours.
    >
    > Anyway... Without buying some crappy program, I an able to get a ball
    > park figure on toner usage and add enough profit margin to cover any
    > errors. No rocket science, just common sense.
    >
    > Doug

    First of all - sorry my english :)

    It isn't bogus - this utility was developed and is used in digital
    print shop for calculating printing price in dependence on sheet color
    coverage (0..100%) and color intensity and many other parameters.

    It doesn't show results in litres and ink remaining.

    It can estimate page color coverage as a percentage (0..100%) and
    average color in RGB (about CMYK read
    http://avpsoft.com/products/apfill/faq/), so for YOUR printer you can
    estimate cost price (to a first approximation).

    Ink usage depends on many things (paper, cartridge, printing mode,...)
    but IMHO page color coverage as a percentage (0..100%) is a major and
    measurable parameter.

    This software is try befor you buy so it cannot be a SCAM.
    You can test it before spend your money.

    2Doug: Sometime clients want to know how do you calculate your price
    and "common sense" isn't answer.

    AVPSoft, Nov 9, 2004