    programs that can help me to name the albums and artist quickly for
    all the files instead of doing it the old fashioned way. Any help is
    much appreciated!
    Avi, May 16, 2007

  2. Avi

    thanatoid Guest

    Avi <> wrote in
    news::

    > I recently converted all my audio CDs to MP3s. Apparently,
    > I need to manually rename each file myself. But, I was
    > wondering if there are programs that can help me to name
    > the albums and artist quickly for all the files instead of
    > doing it the old fashioned way. Any help is much
    > appreciated!

    Google for "mp3 catalog tag utility". There are hundreds.

    thanatoid, May 16, 2007

  3. Avi

    flamer Guest

    On May 17, 5:10 am, Avi <> wrote:
    > I recently converted all my audio CDs to MP3s. Apparently, I need to
    > manually rename each file myself. But, I was wondering if there are
    > programs that can help me to name the albums and artist quickly for
    > all the files instead of doing it the old fashioned way. Any help is
    > much appreciated!

    i use one call 'better file rename' which integrates into windows
    context menu

    Flamer.
    flamer , May 17, 2007
  4. Avi

    donster Guest

    Avi wrote:
    > I recently converted all my audio CDs to MP3s. Apparently, I need to
    > manually rename each file myself. But, I was wondering if there are
    > programs that can help me to name the albums and artist quickly for
    > all the files instead of doing it the old fashioned way. Any help is
    > much appreciated!

    I really love mp3tag, works great and has data
    base support.

    http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
    donster, May 17, 2007
  5. Avi

    Lookout Guest

    On 16 May 2007 10:10:22 -0700, Avi <> wrote:

    >I recently converted all my audio CDs to MP3s. Apparently, I need to
    >manually rename each file myself. But, I was wondering if there are
    >programs that can help me to name the albums and artist quickly for
    >all the files instead of doing it the old fashioned way. Any help is
    >much appreciated!

    I use MusicMatch to listen to my MP3s and it has an automatic tagging
    utility that connects to the Internet and does it all for me.
    Lookout, May 17, 2007
  6. Avi

    Guest

    On 16 May, 18:44, thanatoid <> wrote:
    > Avi <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > I recently converted all my audio CDs to MP3s. Apparently,
    > > I need to manually rename each file myself. But, I was
    > > wondering if there are programs that can help me to name
    > > the albums and artist quickly for all the files instead of
    > > doing it the old fashioned way. Any help is much
    > > appreciated!

    I use the freeware ID3-TagIT for remaming and tagging mp3s. Has many
    features eg bulk renaming, tag > filename, filename > tag etc

    free from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/id3tagit.html
    , May 17, 2007
  7. Avi

    Avi Guest

    Thanks for helping everyone. I have decided to go for Mp3tag. I tried
    some of the many results that showed up when I googled. But some of
    'em had spyware?
    Avi, May 17, 2007