    Best regards,
    Dima
    +79035093892
    D, Jul 27, 2007

  2. D

    meerkat Guest

    "D" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello!
    > How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    > normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    > a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    > "High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
    > How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
    > priority?
    > Best regards,
    > Dima

    Open Task Manager\Processes, With IE running.
    Rt/click on it, an set the priority.
    meerkat, Jul 27, 2007

  3. D

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:31:15 -0700, D wrote:

    >Hello!
    >How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    >normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    >a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    >"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.

    This unnamed player has an option in its settings to change the
    priority?

    >How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process

    I thought you wanted the video player to have high priority not IE?

    >priority?

    Well at least is some version of Windows.

    If you search the usual shareware / freeware sites

    www.simtel.net
    www.tucows.com
    www.download.com
    www.snapfiles.com

    Look for process utilities / system management tools, 1 is process
    master.

    <snip phone number>

    Me
    why?, Jul 27, 2007
  4. D

    D Guest

    On Jul 27, 6:03 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "D" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Hello!
    > > How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    > > normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    > > a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    > > "High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
    > > How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
    > > priority?
    > > Best regards,
    > > Dima

    > Open Task Manager\Processes, With IE running.
    > Rt/click on it, an set the priority.

    Thanks meerkat for replying!
    How to know which IE process (of several in the processes list) will
    playback the video? How to make IE playback video with high priority
    always?
    Best regards,
    Dima
    D, Jul 28, 2007
  5. D

    D Guest

    On Jul 27, 6:19 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:31:15 -0700, D wrote:
    > >Hello!
    > >How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    > >normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    > >a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    > >"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.

    > This unnamed player has an option in its settings to change the
    > priority?
    >
    > >How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process

    > I thought you wanted the video player to have high priority not IE?
    >
    > >priority?

    > Well at least is some version of Windows.
    >
    > If you search the usual shareware / freeware sites
    >
    > www.simtel.netwww.tucows.comwww.download.comwww.snapfiles.com
    >
    > Look for process utilities / system management tools, 1 is process
    > master.
    >
    > <snip phone number>
    >
    > Me

    Thanks Me for replying!
    IE plays video with stutterings too.
    Best regards,
    Dima
    D, Jul 28, 2007
  6. D

    D Guest

    On Jul 27, 6:03 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "D" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Hello!
    > > How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    > > normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    > > a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    > > "High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
    > > How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
    > > priority?
    > > Best regards,
    > > Dima

    > Open Task Manager\Processes, With IE running.
    > Rt/click on it, an set the priority.

    Hello meerkat, why? and everybody!
    Is it possible to make a playback component in the IE to run with
    "Above normal" process priority, not IE itself?
    I do not want IE to browse with the "Above normal" process priority,
    but only to playback the video.
    Best regards,
    Dima
    D, Jul 31, 2007
  7. D

    meerkat Guest

    "D" <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 27, 6:03 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >> "D" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:...> Hello!
    >> > How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    >> > normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    >> > a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    >> > "High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
    >> > How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
    >> > priority?
    >> > Best regards,
    >> > Dima

    >> Open Task Manager\Processes, With IE running.
    >> Rt/click on it, an set the priority.

    > Hello meerkat, why? and everybody!
    > Is it possible to make a playback component in the IE to run with
    > "Above normal" process priority, not IE itself?
    > I do not want IE to browse with the "Above normal" process priority,
    > but only to playback the video.
    > Best regards,
    > Dima

    IE is Not a video playback program.
    Use a video player.
    bw..
    meerkat, Jul 31, 2007
  8. D

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:36:56 -0700, D wrote:

    >On Jul 27, 6:03 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >> "D" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:...> Hello!
    >> > How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    >> > normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    >> > a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    >> > "High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
    >> > How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
    >> > priority?
    >> > Best regards,
    >> > Dima

    >> Open Task Manager\Processes, With IE running.
    >> Rt/click on it, an set the priority.

    >Hello meerkat, why? and everybody!
    >Is it possible to make a playback component in the IE to run with
    >"Above normal" process priority, not IE itself?

    Did mention that before :)

    >I do not want IE to browse with the "Above normal" process priority,
    >but only to playback the video.

    If you know the player it launches then if you found a process utility
    to change the priority, sounds easy enough.

    You may have to make an script launch at startup to run the player and
    set the priority ready for use.

    Some more www.google.com for you, try it yourself next time, saves haing
    to wait for an answer.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 769,000 English pages for
    windows xp script change process priority
    .. (0.32 seconds)

    See 1st link and table of values to raise / lower.

    Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Lower the Priority of a Process ...
    Process Priority. Nice. But can you do this same thing using a script?
    Well, as long as you’re running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 the
    answer is yes. ...
    www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/may05/hey0516.mspx
    - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

    Get IT Done: Script helps identify processes displayed by Windows ...
    Download Windows XP Processes Explorer script to identify running
    processes. ... eliminate problem processes, change process priority,
    create customized ...
    articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6346_11-5034794.html - 45k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Download Process Tamer 2.08.01 - system tray util that reduces ...
    TAGS: reduce priority high-cpu usage processes Process Tamer Process ...
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Download the FULL 266 Mb installer from
    Microsoft ...
    www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Process-Tamer.shtml - 88k -
    30 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

    >Best regards,
    >Dima

    Me
    why?, Jul 31, 2007
  9. D

    D Guest

    On Jul 31, 8:24 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:36:56 -0700, D wrote:
    > >On Jul 27, 6:03 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > >> "D" <> wrote in message

    > >>news:...> Hello!

    > >> Open Task Manager\Processes, With IE running.
    > >> Rt/click on it, an set the priority.

    > >Hello meerkat, why? and everybody!
    > >Is it possible to make a playback component in the IE to run with
    > >"Above normal" process priority, not IE itself?

    > Did mention that before :)
    >
    > >I do not want IE to browse with the "Above normal" process priority,
    > >but only to playback the video.

    > If you know the player it launches then if you found a process utility
    > to change the priority, sounds easy enough.
    >
    > You may have to make an script launch at startup to run the player and
    > set the priority ready for use.
    >
    > Some morewww.google.comfor you, try it yourself next time, saves haing
    > to wait for an answer.
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 769,000 English pages for
    > windows xp script change process priority
    > . (0.32 seconds)
    >
    > See 1st link and table of values to raise / lower.
    >
    > Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Lower the Priority of a Process ...
    > Process Priority. Nice. But can you do this same thing using a script?
    > Well, as long as you're running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 the
    > answer is yes. ...www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/may05/hey0516....
    > - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Get IT Done: Script helps identify processes displayed by Windows ...
    > Download Windows XP Processes Explorer script to identify running
    > processes. ... eliminate problem processes, change process priority,
    > create customized ...
    > articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6346_11-5034794.html - 45k - Cached -
    > Similar pages
    >
    > Download Process Tamer 2.08.01 - system tray util that reduces ...
    > TAGS: reduce priority high-cpu usage processes Process Tamer Process ...
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Download the FULL 266 Mb installer from
    > Microsoft ...www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Process-Tamer.shtml- 88k -
    > 30 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > >Best regards,
    > >Dima

    > Me- Hide quoted text -

    Dear Why?,
    IE does not launch any player process in the task manager for video
    playback. One of the IE processes consumes 90% of the CPU time during
    the playback.
    Best regards,
    Dima
    D, Aug 1, 2007
  10. D

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:39:07 -0700, D wrote:

    >On Jul 31, 8:24 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >> >Hello meerkat, why? and everybody!
    >> >Is it possible to make a playback component in the IE to run with
    >> >"Above normal" process priority, not IE itself?

    >> Did mention that before :)
    >>
    >> >I do not want IE to browse with the "Above normal" process priority,
    >> >but only to playback the video.

    >> If you know the player it launches then if you found a process utility
    >> to change the priority, sounds easy enough.
    >>
    >> You may have to make an script launch at startup to run the player and
    >> set the priority ready for use.
    >>
    >> Some morewww.google.comfor you, try it yourself next time, saves haing
    >> to wait for an answer.
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 769,000 English pages for
    >> windows xp script change process priority
    >> . (0.32 seconds)
    >>
    >> See 1st link and table of values to raise / lower.
    >>
    >> Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Lower the Priority of a Process ...
    >> Process Priority. Nice. But can you do this same thing using a script?
    >> Well, as long as you're running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 the
    >> answer is yes. ...www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/may05/hey0516....
    >> - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
    >>
    >> Get IT Done: Script helps identify processes displayed by Windows ...
    >> Download Windows XP Processes Explorer script to identify running
    >> processes. ... eliminate problem processes, change process priority,
    >> create customized ...
    >> articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6346_11-5034794.html - 45k - Cached -
    >> Similar pages
    >>
    >> Download Process Tamer 2.08.01 - system tray util that reduces ...
    >> TAGS: reduce priority high-cpu usage processes Process Tamer Process ...
    >> Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Download the FULL 266 Mb installer from
    >> Microsoft ...www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Process-Tamer.shtml- 88k -
    >> 30 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages
    >>
    >> >Best regards,
    >> >Dima

    >> Me- Hide quoted text -

    >Dear Why?,
    >IE does not launch any player process in the task manager for video

    Hence the previous mention of launch the video externally it's that
    process you want to raise the priority for. IE will only be launching
    svchost / DLL for the video player embedded in IE.

    >playback. One of the IE processes consumes 90% of the CPU time during
    >the playback.
    >Best regards,
    >Dima

    Me
    why?, Aug 1, 2007
  11. D

    Guest

    D <> wrote:

    >Dear Why?,
    >IE does not launch any player process in the task manager for video
    >playback. One of the IE processes consumes 90% of the CPU time during
    >the playback.
    >Best regards,
    >Dima

    Google: Process Monitor

    Youtube.com in the bottom window I find
    E:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins\NPSWF32.dll running

    Double click on IE, then Threads you find more

    Holding your mouse above the CPU graph you can find out what's taking
    up all the CPU.
    --

    http://blizzmax.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/bushbj.jpg
    , Aug 1, 2007
  12. D

    D Guest

    On Aug 1, 9:11 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:39:07 -0700, D wrote:

    > >> Did mention that before :)

    > >> If you know the player it launches then if you found a process utility
    > >> to change the priority, sounds easy enough.

    > >> You may have to make an script launch at startup to run the player and
    > >> set the priority ready for use.

    > >> Some morewww.google.comforyou, try it yourself next time, saves haing
    > >> to wait for an answer.

    > >> Results 1 - 10 of about 769,000 English pages for
    > >> windows xp script change process priority
    > >> . (0.32 seconds)

    > >> See 1st link and table of values to raise / lower.

    > >> Hey, Scripting Guy! How Can I Lower the Priority of a Process ...
    > >> Process Priority. Nice. But can you do this same thing using a script?
    > >> Well, as long as you're running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 the
    > >> answer is yes. ...www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/may05/hey0516....
    > >> - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

    > >> Get IT Done: Script helps identify processes displayed by Windows ...
    > >> Download Windows XP Processes Explorer script to identify running
    > >> processes. ... eliminate problem processes, change process priority,
    > >> create customized ...
    > >> articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6346_11-5034794.html - 45k - Cached -
    > >> Similar pages

    > >> Download Process Tamer 2.08.01 - system tray util that reduces ...
    > >> TAGS: reduce priority high-cpu usage processes Process Tamer Process ...
    > >> Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Download the FULL 266 Mb installer from
    > >> Microsoft ...www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Process-Tamer.shtml-88k -
    > >> 30 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

    > >> Me- Hide quoted text -

    > >Dear Why?,
    > >IE does not launch any player process in the task manager for video

    > Hence the previous mention of launch the video externally it's that
    > process you want to raise the priority for. IE will only be launching
    > svchost / DLL for the video player embedded in IE.
    >
    > >playback. One of the IE processes consumes 90% of the CPU time during
    > >the playback.
    > >Best regards,
    > >Dima

    > Me- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Me for your reply:)
    None of the svchost processes consumes much of the CPU time during the
    playback.
    Best regards,
    Dima
    D, Aug 2, 2007
  13. D

    Guest

    , Aug 2, 2007
  14. D

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:19:13 GMT, why? wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:31:15 -0700, D wrote:
    >
    >>Hello!
    >>How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    >>normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    >>a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    >>"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.

    >This unnamed player has an option in its settings to change the
    >priority?
    >
    >>How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process

    <snip>

    >Look for process utilities / system management tools, 1 is process
    >master.

    You did find some process monitoring tools?

    See the process tool Pennywise mentioned, when you play different video
    formats you will see which plugin DLL is running.

    ><snip phone number>
    >
    >Me

    Me
    why?, Aug 2, 2007
  15. D

    D Guest

    On Aug 2, 10:17 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:19:13 GMT, why? wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:31:15 -0700, D wrote:

    > >>Hello!
    > >>How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
    > >>normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
    > >>a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
    > >>"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.

    > >This unnamed player has an option in its settings to change the
    > >priority?

    > >>How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process

    > <snip>
    >
    > >Look for process utilities / system management tools, 1 is process
    > >master.

    > You did find some process monitoring tools?
    >
    > See the process tool Pennywise mentioned, when you play different video
    > formats you will see which plugin DLL is running.
    >

    > ><snip phone number>

    > >Me

    > Me

    Thanks Me for your reply!
    D, Aug 3, 2007
  16. D

    D Guest

    On Aug 1, 10:57 pm, wrote:
    > D <> wrote:
    > >Dear Why?,
    > >IE does not launch any player process in the task manager for video
    > >playback. One of the IE processes consumes 90% of the CPU time during
    > >the playback.
    > >Best regards,
    > >Dima

    > Google: Process Monitor
    >
    > Youtube.com in the bottom window I find
    > E:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins\NPSWF32.dll running
    >
    > Double click on IE, then Threads you find more
    >
    > Holding your mouse above the CPU graph you can find out what's taking
    > up all the CPU.
    > --
    >
    > http://blizzmax.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/bushbj.jpg

    Thanks for your suggestion!
    How to know what uses an HDD heavily without loading a CPU? The HDD
    usage led is on and the HDD rattles.
    Best regards,
    Dima
    D, Aug 3, 2007
  17. D

    Guest

    D <> wrote:

    >On Aug 1, 10:57 pm, wrote:
    >> D <> wrote:
    >> >Dear Why?,
    >> >IE does not launch any player process in the task manager for video
    >> >playback. One of the IE processes consumes 90% of the CPU time during
    >> >the playback.
    >> >Best regards,
    >> >Dima

    >> Google: Process Monitor
    >>
    >> Youtube.com in the bottom window I find
    >> E:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins\NPSWF32.dll running
    >>
    >> Double click on IE, then Threads you find more
    >>
    >> Holding your mouse above the CPU graph you can find out what's taking
    >> up all the CPU.

    >Thanks for your suggestion!
    >How to know what uses an HDD heavily without loading a CPU? The HDD
    >usage led is on and the HDD rattles.
    >Best regards,
    >Dima

    FileMon
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/filemon.mspx

    It's like Process Monitor but only shows file activity - notice it's
    from the same site as the others - lots of good utilities there.

    HD shouldn't rattle, either tighten it's support or defrag it.
    --

    http://www.yadogg.com/ups/cantendwell.jpg
    , Aug 3, 2007
  18. D

    D Guest

    On Aug 3, 10:01 am, wrote:
    > D <> wrote:

    > >> Google: Process Monitor

    > >> Youtube.com in the bottom window I find
    > >> E:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins\NPSWF32.dll running

    > >> Double click on IE, then Threads you find more

    > >> Holding your mouse above the CPU graph you can find out what's taking
    > >> up all the CPU.

    > >Thanks for your suggestion!
    > >How to know what uses an HDD heavily without loading a CPU? The HDD
    > >usage led is on and the HDD rattles.
    > >Best regards,
    > >Dima

    > FileMonhttp://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/filemon.mspx
    >
    > It's like Process Monitor but only shows file activity - notice it's
    > from the same site as the others - lots of good utilities there.
    >
    > HD shouldn't rattle, either tighten it's support or defrag it.
    > --
    >
    > http://www.yadogg.com/ups/cantendwell.jpg- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for your suggestion!
    D, Aug 3, 2007