    Thanks
    Tina

    , Feb 11, 2005

  2. skrev:
    > How to make skype wireless ?
    >
    > I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
    > So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to
    > the PC.
    >
    > I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
    >
    > is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
    >
    > I am NOT technical.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tina

    This looks like a good solution:
    http://www.dualphone.net/

    (haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

    Svein

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Svein_H=F8vik?=, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    wrote:
    > How to make skype wireless ?
    >
    > I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
    > So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects
    > to the PC.
    >
    > I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
    >
    > is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
    >
    > I am NOT technical.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tina

    I know people who have managed to get a bluetooth headset working with
    Skype, also a PDA can be used if you have one.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 11, 2005
  4. SidKnee Guest

    "Svein Høvik" <> wrote > This looks like a good
    solution:
    > http://www.dualphone.net/
    >
    > (haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    > Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

    Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    on FWD?

    Sidkney

    SidKnee, Feb 11, 2005
  5. SidKnee skrev:
    > "Svein Høvik" <> wrote > This looks like a good
    > solution:
    >
    >>http://www.dualphone.net/
    >>
    >>(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    >>Norwegian IP telephone provider.)
    >>

    > Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    > on FWD?
    >
    > Sidkney

    No, it's not SIP compatible as such.
    But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486,
    you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

    Svein

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Svein_H=F8vik?=, Feb 11, 2005

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Svein_H=F8vik?=, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Martin² Guest

    SidKnee:
    >Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    >on FWD?

    There are wifi SIP phones available, will work without a computer, anywhere
    there is a wifi signal available.
    Zyxel 2000W, Senao, some others, but they are not cheap at the moment.
    Cisco does one too, just remember to sit down and take deep breath before
    you ask the price...
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Feb 12, 2005
  8. EdR Guest

    > Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be

    used
    > on FWD?

    Have a look at
    http://www.pcphoneline.com/
    The VTA1000-Skype is SIP and Skype compatible (Yup, in one device)
    Connect your own cordless to it.
    Price is way below the dualphone.

    Regards,
    Erwin.

    EdR, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Sekhar Guest

    Why are everyone complicating things? Why don't you use a SPA 1001 or a
    SPA 3000 and connect as many phones you want to the VOIP device? SPA
    1001 is under $50.

    www.store.voxilla.com

    Sekhar, Feb 13, 2005
  10. Dan Epstein Guest

    >This looks like a good solution:
    >http://www.dualphone.net/

    Unfortunately, the solution you recommend is not available for those of
    us in the U.S..

    Dan

    Dan Epstein, Jul 17, 2005