    connected and works fine, but does not run login script. Is there a way to
    make it work?
    Regards.
    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaSBIYXJhbg==?=, Oct 11, 2007

  2. "Hari Haran" <Hari > wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am using WPA2 with AES using windows authentication to connect to our
    > SSID
    > access point. It is pretty stable and works fine, but the only issue we
    > have
    > is, it does not run the login script after the authentication.

    That is correct. The user is already logged in with the cached profile
    before the wireless is active,...hence the time period where the login g
    script would "happen" is already past. Even the point where the Startup
    folder of the Start Menu would run its contents has already "past" so that
    isn't an option.

    > connected and works fine, but does not run login script. Is there a way to
    > make it work?

    I know of no automated way. All I can think of is a shortcut to the Script
    on the All Users Desktop and the user has to be responsible to manually run
    it after the wireless is connected.

    I have not experimented with it personally,...but I have heard that if you
    use the Windows Zero Configuration Utility to manage the Wireless *instead*
    of the utility that comes from the Nic Manufacture you may get better
    results. Since the Windows Zero Configuration Utility runs as a Service it
    would be already running before the user logs in. I have heard people say
    that it avoids the whole cached profile thing because it can connect to the
    LAN wirelessly before the user logs in,...but I don't know for sure it that
    is true,...just something to check on.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Oct 11, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaSBIYXJhbg==?=

    Cleve S. Guest

    Hari,
    I'm running WPA PSK on a few workstations. I'm using the Windows Zero
    Configuration utility & logon scripts run fine. I have found a problem
    deploying software to the machine using Group Policy, it doesn't work. As
    Phillip said, give it a try, I think it will work for you.

    Cleve

    Cleve S., Oct 11, 2007
  4. I'm already using Windows Zero Configuration and no luck with it. I can't use
    WPA PSK as we dont use network key, we use windows authentication even for
    wireless. In our environment we have Intel and Broadcom wireless cards and
    both the vendors have their own software through which i am able to run
    script and works as i wanted, but neither of them is stable. I was wondering
    if there is any way to make windows work, if not a third party tool which is
    vendor neutral. Anyways, thanks for your responses. Please let me know if
    there is a way.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaSBIYXJhbg==?=, Oct 13, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaSBIYXJhbg==?=

    Cleve S. Guest

    Hari,
    I took the easy way out, didn't want to set up a RADIUS server or anything.
    All I can say is I've used WPA PSK with many different cards, Intel, Belkin,
    Linksys, Netgear, and the logon script always runs fine.

    Cleve

    Cleve S., Oct 15, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SGFyaSBIYXJhbg==?=

    Russell Guest

    okay I had same problem. Finally got this to work and half-way understand
    the details. quick notes.

    Used PEAP with MSChap v2. This allows the WLAN connection to occur prior to
    user authentication in order for the Group Policy script to fire.

    Get an Server SSL Certificate like you would for a https:// web site. Get
    it signed by a CA. We used Godaddy.com. Import into the IAS server's
    certificate store.

    On IAS, Remote Access Policy, Edit Profile, Authentication, EAP Methods,
    PEAP, select your the certificate.

    On XP or Vista client, in WirelessLAN properties, choose to Validate Server
    certificate and choose your Trusted Root Certificate Authority.

    On further note: On the Trapeze wireless LAN controller, had to tell it to
    look to the RADIUS server for certificate instead of using its own self
    generated one.

    Those are sloppy notes, but hopefully will be enough to help others with
    similar problem. regards, Russell

    Russell, Oct 15, 2007