  1. Santa brought new computer. Has XP. Icons on desktop are too small. How
    do I make them larger. They are 9 up and down. How do I make them 7 up and
    down?

    Shirley Azvedo, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Shirley Azvedo

    Patrick Guest

    Shirley Azvedo wrote:
    > Santa brought new computer. Has XP. Icons on desktop are too small.
    > How do I make them larger. They are 9 up and down. How do I make
    > them 7 up and down?

    Below will give 7 up and down (as you describe things).

    To get to 'Display Properties';
    Click 'start' button / click 'Control Panel'/ double-click 'Display' icon
    or
    Right-click an empty part of 'Desktop' / click 'Properties'
    You should now have a window displayed, called 'Display Properties'

    Click 'Settings' tab
    (take note of present settings in case you change your mind)
    Move the 'slider' (bottom left) to the left so that the resolution says '800
    by 600'
    Click 'Apply'and 'OK'

    You might or might not be prompted to reboot the machine.
    You might also/alternately be given a preview of your new settings whereby
    you can accept new settings, or wait for it to time-out when it will revert
    to previous settings.

    Patrick, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Shirley Azvedo

    Dave Watson Guest

    "Shirley Azvedo" <> wrote in message
    > Santa brought new computer. Has XP. Icons on desktop are too small. How
    > do I make them larger. They are 9 up and down. How do I make them 7 up

    and
    > down?

    Right click on the task bar at the bottom of your desk top, click
    properties, in the start menu tab ensure "start menu" is chosen and not
    *classic view*, click the customize button next to classic view, choose the
    large icons option and the ammount of programmes you require in the start
    menu.

    Dave.

    Dave Watson, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Thanks for the help, guys.