How to make Exchange 2000 Server proform sluggishly

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guan Foo Wah, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Guan Foo Wah

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    I found a way to make Exchange 2000 to perform sluggishly while learning
    Exchange 2000 for MCSE. Can anyone confirm this or there is something wrong
    with my setup?

    I have a domain called "jeff.com" with 2 domain controllers called
    homeserver1 and homeserver2. Both domain controllers are installed with
    Exchange 2000 Enterprise server. Schema master, DN, PDC, RID, and
    infrastructure master and Global Catalog are residing in homeserver1.

    1. In active directory, create user "A" and user "B" with mailbox residing
    in homeserver1.

    2. Make homeserver2 as a front-end server. Reboot homeserver2.

    3. In any client (joined to domain jeff.com), do a windows logon as user "A"

    4. Using IE, browse to http://homeserver2.jeff.com/exchange

    5. When IE asked for credentials, enter credentials for user "B" instead
    (with the correct password and domain).

    6. Watch homeserver2 harddisk activity. After a few minutes, homeserver2
    will display an error message that it is low on virtual memory. From now on,
    this server will perform slugglishy.

    FYI, all my clients and domain controllers are installed with Win2k SP4.
    Exchange 2000 are installed with SP3 with Sept Post SP3 security rollup.
    Guan Foo Wah, Nov 24, 2003