    Thanks for any 'simple' advice
    Allen
    , Feb 21, 2006

    www.videohelp.com
    Bernie Woodham, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Bob Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:29:20 +0000, wrote:

    >I have 2 avi files/films. I am very new to all this, so...
    >How do I get them into a format to run on a DVD and view on my TV?
    >Thanks for any 'simple' advice

    WinAvi, or TotalVideoConverter. Be sure to get the latest DivX and
    XviD codecs.

    If your DVDR can play MPEG-4 AVIs, just make a "data disc" and play
    them. The ILO DVDR05MU1 with the right firmware will play them.

    In Hillary Clinton's new book "Living History," Hillary details what
    it was like meeting Bill Clinton, falling in love with him, getting
    married, and living a passionate, wonderful life as husband and wife.
    Then on page two, the trouble starts.
    Bob, Feb 22, 2006
  4. Bob Guest

    On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 04:27:34 GMT, "Bernie Woodham"
    <> wrote:

    >>I have 2 avi files/films. I am very new to all this, so...
    >> How do I get them into a format to run on a DVD and view on my TV?
    >> Thanks for any 'simple' advice

    >www.videohelp.com

    While the participants on those forums are well-meaning, most of the
    time the articles are outdated significantly. Therefore if you read
    one, you have to read them all to get things sorted out properly.

    And it does no good to join and ask. Participants tend to treat major
    issues with extreme prejudice even when you offer concrete evidence to
    the contrary. Then the fights break out and since you are the new kid
    on the block, you are the one who gets run off.

    The best way to learn is to use "information overload".

    Bob, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:29:20 +0000, wrote:

    >I have 2 avi files/films. I am very new to all this, so...
    >How do I get them into a format to run on a DVD and view on my TV?
    >Thanks for any 'simple' advice
    >Allen

    thanks for the advice! ( I live in UK by the way)
    Looks like seeking out appropriate software, or...
    a divx player.
    thanks everyone
    Allen
    , Feb 22, 2006
  6. ivan Guest

    i think DVDSanta can help you
    It supports many formats including AVI, WMV, MPG, ASF, RealVideo etc
    In just a few simple steps, you can convert your files to DVD with
    DVDSanta
    you can get more information from here
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/
    ivan, Feb 23, 2006
  7. Toby Newman Guest

    On 2006-02-22, <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:29:20 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >>I have 2 avi files/films. I am very new to all this, so...
    >>How do I get them into a format to run on a DVD and view on my TV?
    >>Thanks for any 'simple' advice
    >>Allen

    > thanks for the advice! ( I live in UK by the way)
    > Looks like seeking out appropriate software, or...
    > a divx player.

    Theoretically, with a divx player, you can put many small films on one
    dvdr. If you convert to DVD video, then they will inflate to a much
    larger size and you will have to use more disks.

    --
    -Toby, who...
    field to circumvent my email filters.
    Toby Newman, Feb 23, 2006
  8. Jordan Guest

    wrote:
    > I have 2 avi files/films. I am very new to all this, so...
    > How do I get them into a format to run on a DVD and view on my TV?
    > Thanks for any 'simple' advice
    > Allen

    I use Nero 6 along with my dual layer DVD burner. No problems so far.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Feb 24, 2006
  9. Jordan:

    > I use Nero 6 along with my dual layer DVD burner. No problems so far.

    I tried to make a VCD using Nero 6 and lots of videos would not play
    right (and it varied from DVD-player to DVD-player). Also converting
    QuickTime does not work well at all (my camera stores in QuickTime).
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
    Lars-Erik Østerud, Feb 24, 2006
  10. Jordan Guest

    VCD is not the same as a DVD. Not all DVD devices are capable of
    playing VCD.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Jordan:

    > VCD is not the same as a DVD. Not all DVD devices are capable of
    > playing VCD.

    And what they play is different to. One of my DVDs play more of the
    tracks than the other. But still Nero 6 does a lousy job making VCDs
    (some files it converts won't play, or show a still image, ohter have
    non-synronized sound, other chrash Nero 6 during conversion....)
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ 7297605
    Lars-Erik Østerud, Feb 25, 2006
  12. > wrote:
    >> I have 2 avi files/films. I am very new to all this, so...
    >> How do I get them into a format to run on a DVD and view on my TV?
    >> Thanks for any 'simple' advice
    >> Allen

    Allen:

    If all you want is a DVD with no menu or other fancy authoring, try
    DVD Santa. It will allow you to add just about any video file.

    It is the easiest program for a newbie to use.

    Just start it and the program will ask you to add your files.

    Just indicate the files to add.

    Once you do that you hit 'Burn".

    If you want to learn more later, there are lots of
    tutorials on making DVDs online with Nero and other programs.

    - I have no connection to that company and wouldn't normailly use
    DVD Santa myself except when I need a quick DVD with no fuss.

    Try a search for Programz

    - Vic
    Marmalade_man, Mar 5, 2006
  13. Guest

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 15:49:22 -0500, Marmalade_man
    <> wrote:

    >Allen:
    >
    >If all you want is a DVD with no menu or other fancy authoring, try
    >DVD Santa. It will allow you to add just about any video file.
    >
    >It is the easiest program for a newbie to use.
    >
    >Just start it and the program will ask you to add your files.
    >
    >Just indicate the files to add.
    >
    > Once you do that you hit 'Burn".
    >
    >If you want to learn more later, there are lots of
    >tutorials on making DVDs online with Nero and other programs.
    >
    >- I have no connection to that company and wouldn't normailly use
    >DVD Santa myself except when I need a quick DVD with no fuss.
    >
    >Try a search for Programz
    >
    >- Vic

    Thank you for your advice Vic, I appreciate this method!
    Allen
    , Mar 6, 2006
  14. Bob Guest

    On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:37:46 +0000, wrote:

    >>- I have no connection to that company and wouldn't normailly use
    >>DVD Santa myself except when I need a quick DVD with no fuss.

    >Thank you for your advice Vic, I appreciate this method!

    I have no connection to WinAvi but I suggest you take a look at it. It
    is a lot faster than anything I have seen. And if you are reasonable
    with the resolution settings, you cant acceptable results for 19"
    screens.

    Of course it all depends on the resolution of the AVI. My rule of
    thumb is use only XviDs that are 350 MB for 42 minutes.

    But why do you want to make DVDs when you can play the AVIs directly
    and save lots of space?

    --

    "Our country's a place of limitless hopes and
    possibilities, and nowhere is that spirit more

    "One thing that makes George Bush such a great
    president is that he does not govern according
    to public opinion polls."
    --John Cornyn, U.S. Senator from Texas
    Bob, Mar 6, 2006
  15. Toby Newman Guest

    On 2006-03-06, Bob <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:37:46 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >>>- I have no connection to that company and wouldn't normailly use
    >>>DVD Santa myself except when I need a quick DVD with no fuss.

    >>Thank you for your advice Vic, I appreciate this method!

    > I have no connection to WinAvi but I suggest you take a look at it. It
    > is a lot faster than anything I have seen. And if you are reasonable
    > with the resolution settings, you cant acceptable results for 19"
    > screens.
    >
    > Of course it all depends on the resolution of the AVI. My rule of
    > thumb is use only XviDs that are 350 MB for 42 minutes.
    >
    > But why do you want to make DVDs when you can play the AVIs directly
    > and save lots of space?

    Avi-playing dvd players are a bit temperamental, though, no? Video/audio
    synch problems, trouble with codecs? At least a DVD will 'just work'.

    Toby Newman, Mar 7, 2006
  16. Bob Guest

    On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:29:40 +0000, Toby Newman <>
    wrote:

    >> But why do you want to make DVDs when you can play the AVIs directly
    >> and save lots of space?

    >Avi-playing dvd players are a bit temperamental, though, no? Video/audio
    >synch problems, trouble with codecs? At least a DVD will 'just work'.

    I have had no problems with my ILO DVDR05MU1 ($99 at WalMart) with 610
    firmware (from tech support).

    It will play "standard" XviD 350 MB files (42 minutes). You may run
    into an occasional AVI where the bitrate or frame size is outside of
    tolerance, but I have had that happen to me only once and that was a
    while back.

    MPEG-4 codecs are being improved constantly and the ones out now are
    doing a very credible job. About 3 months ago they were a bit "jumpy"
    but they fixed that.

    --

    "To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove
    from the minds of men their individualism their loyalty to
    Bob, Mar 7, 2006
  17. GolaYing

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    No, my DVD driver has break, so I convert video to HD AVI with Wondershare HD video converter and I also can enjoy HD movie at home for my holiday:captain:
    GolaYing, Jun 7, 2009
  18. cindylili

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2009
    Messages:
    11
    I think Wondershare AVI to DVD Burner can help you. You can also try a total dvd creator software, but i think it is much more expensive than the AVI to DVD Burner, almost up to $25.
    cindylili, Jun 24, 2009
  19. GolaYing

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Just Rip DVD to AVI format, here is the wondershare dvd ripping software which can do the job quickly for you, just for windows users.:captain:
    GolaYing, Jul 20, 2009