How to make a wondershare photo and video slideshow on DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kricww@gmail.com, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Make your photo and video slideshow on DVD
    Tool used: DVD Slideshow Builder
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow/download.html
    After you have installed DVD Slideshow Builder, you are ready to start
    creating your photo and video slideshow. When you are satisfied with
    your creation, save it to DVD.

    How to import pictures
    1. To start DVD Slideshow Builder for Windows.
    2. In DVD Slideshow Builder, on the Organize page, click +New, and then
    click New photo slideshow or New video slideshow.
    3. On the Select photos to add to your slideshow page, click the folder
    in which the pictures you copied from your digital camera are located.
    Select one or more pictures, and then click add or add all, then click
    Close.

    How to arrange and edit your pictures
    1. If you want to rearrange your pictures, you can also click and drag
    pictures to a different location.
    2. If you want to view pictures with big or small thumbnail, click the
    button Change slideshow view style at the right side of the tool bar.
    You can view pictures in 150*112, 120*90, 80*60 and 40*30.
    3. If you want to rotate pictures, click Rotate90 to the selected
    pictures. You can choose rotate 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise.
    4. If you want to make additional changes, such as correcting contrast
    or adding an effect to your picture, click the Edit button or double
    click the selected picture, and then do one of the following in the
    Edit Pictures dialog box:
     To rotate the picture, click Rotate 90 , Rotate 270 or Flip.
     To set Basic editing, change Contrast, Brightness, Blur or Mosaic.
     To add an effect that changes the appearance of your picture, such
    as Negative, Gray or Black and White, click the Photo Filter tab, and
    then select an effect in the Effect list.
     When you are done editing your pictures, click Save&Close to save
    the changes made to your pictures. To continue, click Previous or next.

    How to add motion and transition effects
    1. On the Effect page, click the picture for which you want to
    customize the motion, and then click Zoom&Pan.
    2. In the Zoom&Pan dialog box, you can choose Random Selecting, None,
    Panning, Zoom In, Zoom Out and Panning advance. And the default
    selecting is Random Selecting.
    3. In the Transitions Effects box, these effects have been sorted by
    four kinds, smooth effect, slide effect, fade effect and other effect.
    Click a transition and you can get the preview on the right side. You
    can drag the selected effect to picture or click the three buttons on
    the Storyboard, Apply selected effect to selected picture, Apply
    selected effect to all and Random effect to all
    4. After add effects to pictures, you can set the duration of the
    effect and transition effect. Change the number in the Storyboard, the
    number below the picture is effect duration and the number between the
    pictures is transition effect duration
    5. To preview your story with the panning and zooming effects and
    transitions, click Play.

    How to add music or narration record to your pictures
    1. If you want, you can add music or narration to your pictures. Select
    a picture and click Set in the Music box. Click Import Music and choose
    one on your computer.
    2. If you want to add a narration record, select Record Music and save
    the .wav file on your computer. First, make sure a microphone is
    connected to your computer, and then click Record button and begin
    speaking into your mic. You can Pause anytime and Stop when you finish.
    3. After you are finished with your music and narration, you can edit
    it. The music information is display in the edit box. You can make a
    clip of the music or narration through setting a Begin Time and an End
    Time. You can also trim the volume and make a Fade in and Fade out
    effect to your music or narration. When you finish the editing, click
    OK to exit the editing box.
    4. Add the music or narration to other pictures repeat steps 1 through
    3 until you have selected all the music that you want to add to your
    pictures.

    How to add music to your slideshow
    You can choose to add music you have stored on your computer as the
    slideshow’s background music.
    1. On the Music page, to add music that is on your computer, locate and
    choose the music file, and then click Open.
    2. You can also edit it as the music to one picture.
    3. Click Play to preview your slideshow.
    4. If you need to get a .mpg file on your computer, click Export Movie
    and it will take your several minutes to create movie file.

    How to add a video slideshow
    Click the New button and select New video slideshow. Then you will see
    window that allows you to browse and add video files. Add the video
    files to this slideshow and click OK. Repeat the above steps if you
    want to add more video slideshows. Click to delete the selected video
    slideshow. If you want to rename a slideshow, you can select the
    slideshow first, click on the its name and you will be allowed to
    change the name.

    How to edit a video slideshow
    1. Select the video file you want to edit and click the Edit button to
    edit the video. In the Basic Information section, you can see the
    Width, Height, Total length and Frames per second information of the
    select video file.
    2. In the Effect Settings section, you can adjust the brightness and
    the contrast of the video file by either dragging the adjusting bars or
    set the values.
    3. In the Control section, you can use the control bars to do the
    following:
    There are two such bars as you can see from the above figure. They are
    capture bars that are used to capture a part of the video file as the
    current video slideshow. Drag the bar on the left to set the beginning
    of the video file to be captured and drag the bar on the right to set
    the end of it. You can see the Begin Time and the End Time under the
    control buttons.
    4. Click the Camera Logo to set the current frame as the thumbnail
    image of the current video slideshow.
    5. If you want to keep the original sound of the video, click Keep
    Original Sound. If you don't check this option, you can add your own
    audio file to the video file by click the Add button. You can also
    delete, Edit, and Play the selected audio file, and apply Fade in and
    Fade out effect to it.

    How to create your menu template
    1. First, choose your favorite picture as the menu template. You can
    select one from Template List section. There are many sorts can be
    chosen.
    2. If you don’t like the template it including, you can Download
    Template in the website. More templates are offered to you.
    3. However, if you still don’t think they satisfy your require, it
    also allows you to make your own wonderful template. In the Background
    Area section, click Image to choose the beautiful picture from your
    local driver as your background area. Then, you can begin to edit your
    template. Frame, button, and background music, all of these can be
    added and edited.
    4. You can also change the button and frame by clicking Add Frame.
    5. Text can also be added on to the menu template to make your menu
    content more abundant. You can set the Font, Shadow and Halation.
    Static clips are also supported. Use the offered or custom yourself to
    make your wonderful DVD Menu.

    How to save your story to a DVD
    1. In Output Options section, you can choose Burn to disc, Create disc
    image, Create MPEG file and Create DVD file.
    2. In Disc Options section, you can choose CD Volume, Do not include
    menu and play my slideshows one by one, Save original photos / video
    files in disc, Automatically loop my slideshow, Advanced Option and
    Preferences.
    3. After you finish the setting, click the Start Burn icon and the
    program will start converting files and then burning your slideshow
    project. In this period, it will display Current process and Total
    process.
    4. When it is over, you will get your wonderful slideshow on your DVD
    or VCD disk.
    , Apr 20, 2006

  2. Paul Heslop Guest

    wrote:

    > Make your photo and video slideshow on DVD

    Nowhere in this article did I notice anything about price

    --
    Paul (Take my hand, I'm standing right here)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Helen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >Make your photo and video slideshow on DVD

    Is all the rest of the crap because there are no help file or instructions
    with your doubtful product?
    Helen, Apr 20, 2006