how to make a widescreen 221:100 DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Roky, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. Roky

    Roky Guest

    I am trying to make a dvd from a mpeg4 1 gb file.

    first i tried ulead to make the dvd but the file size was too big. i
    then tried to convert it with ulead but it seemed to be taking 5
    seconds per frame.
    so i tried xilisoft which took 2.5 hours to convert to mpeg 2, but
    none of my burning programs could open or see the file though it was
    there.

    then i converted it with blaze media pro which took 10 hours. then i
    had to use ulead to burn it to dvd. I tried to set the blaze media pro
    to the 221:100 setting but it seems to have come out looking the same
    as when i used the ulead without the 221:100 setting

    but the video is too stretched out vertically. when i play it or the
    original mpeg 4 or converted mpeg2 files it only looks ok in the VLC
    player when i set it to 221:100

    when i play it in my dvd player, a cheap one, there is no widescreen
    mode and even setting the hd tv to widescreen doesnt help enough.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Roky, Jul 29, 2008