how to make a private/untraceable ip?

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by suny, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. suny

    suny

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    A friend sent me a message using gmail, when i typed the sender ip in
    whatismyipaddress.com, the following result came out.

    This is a private IP address and cannot be traced.
    Hostname: 10.114.197.5
    ISP:
    Proxy: None detected
    Type: Unknown
    Blacklist:

    I'm sure it's not sent through a proxy, because when i use proxy, my sent messages clearly state that i sent it through a proxy and show name of the proxy server and the organization that owns the proxy.

    I use a wireless Netgear N router. but my sent messages show my original ip.
    Is there any way i can hide my ip the same way?
    How can i make a private ip that is untraceable? Anyone please help!
    suny, Dec 5, 2008

  2. suny

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Initial suggestion would be that your friend is using his own SMTP server and is using NAT behind a firewall. Therefore, the IP address is the SMTP server that happens to be a private IP address (behind NAT).

    Beyond that, I would not do this anyway. Quite a few ISPs blacklist private IP addresses. If this happens, you won't get any mail through to those particular servers.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
    MarkSatterfield, Jan 27, 2009