    microsoft and doing bunch of math to do it. Any advice shall be much
    appreciated. Thanks!

    ian
    typing, Aug 24, 2006

  2. typing

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "typing" <> wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > A newbie here. I know it sounds kind of stupid and ignorant of me, but
    > is there any software that can make a collage with white border b/w
    > each photos that separate them with equal space (like the link:
    > http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3513/1096/1600/post-49875-1155395764.jpg),
    > even though that each picture may have different dimension? I really
    > hate the idea of spending more than 1 hour by using photo editor of
    > microsoft and doing bunch of math to do it. Any advice shall be much
    > appreciated. Thanks!

    If your software will allow layers, you can do this easily. However
    you'll have to resize each image to fit the rectangle you intend to fit
    it into. This may take way more than an hour unless you have (a) shot
    everything with the same camera and (b) framed everything you want so
    you don't have to resize.

    There's no real shortcut to this.
    Stewy, Aug 25, 2006

  3. typing

    Tom Guest

    Try this excellant program FotoFusion: www.lumapix.com. It is very
    comprehensive and they have a free trial.

    Tom, Aug 25, 2006
  4. typing

    Marvin Guest

    typing wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > A newbie here. I know it sounds kind of stupid and ignorant of me, but
    > is there any software that can make a collage with white border b/w
    > each photos that separate them with equal space (like the link:
    > http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3513/1096/1600/post-49875-1155395764.jpg),
    > even though that each picture may have different dimension? I really
    > hate the idea of spending more than 1 hour by using photo editor of
    > microsoft and doing bunch of math to do it. Any advice shall be much
    > appreciated. Thanks!
    >

    > ian

    i've found out that I can control photo kayouts most easily
    in a program that is designed specifically for page layouts.
    I use MS Publisher. Among other htings, it lets you
    assign frames for images. You can adjust the size of
    graphics, to make them the same in each row. One you get
    the hang of the software, it won't take anything like an
    hour. You'll have to use some simple arithmetic, not
    complex math. Or else, trial and error - which will take
    longer.
    Marvin, Aug 25, 2006