    i am using XP Home.

    Best regards
    Tones
    Tones, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Tones

    Jerry G. Guest

    Try doing a properties on it, and make it also a system type file, if the
    properties allows this. Maybe this will do it.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Tones" <> wrote in message
    hi, anyone know how to make a file or folder undeleteable pls?
    i tried to set it "read-only" but doesn't stop it from being deleted.
    i am using XP Home.

    Best regards
    Tones
    Jerry G., Feb 19, 2004

  3. Tones

    Albert Pike Guest

    "Tones" <> wrote in message news:<c0vpki$>...
    > hi, anyone know how to make a file or folder undeleteable pls?
    > i tried to set it "read-only" but doesn't stop it from being deleted.
    > i am using XP Home.
    >

    > Best regards
    > Tones

    If you are the only user, then you have Administrative privileges, and
    you have COMPLETE control of all files and folders on your PC (ie. you
    can delete anything you want). The simplest solution is to create
    another user account. When you are logged in with this second account
    (with limited privileges), you can't manipulate anything except for
    the documents on the second account.

    The complicated way is by assigning permissions to the file in
    question. In XP Pro, you click on the Windows Explorer menu bar:
    Tools-->Folder Options--->[View tab]--> Uncheck the last box[Use
    simple file sharing].
    This now allows you to set a number of permissions for any file .
    Right click any folder and check the properties--->[Sharing] or
    [Security] tab. I don't know if XP home supports this.

    These links may help

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/honeycutt/august13.asp
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
    Albert Pike, Feb 19, 2004