How to make a bootable CD backup of my entie hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by mtnman13, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. mtnman13

    mtnman13 Guest

    Does anyone know how to do this? Shouldn't be too complicated I would
    think. The hard part, for me, is getting the bootstrap records, etc.
    on the front end. But then I suppose I could revert to raw DOS commands
    and after copying some boot commands I could just follow that with a
    Format c: followed by a Copy C: to E: then copy the other partition
    with a copy of D: to E:

    Or something of that nature. But of course what I have just outlined is
    extrermely lacking in details. So are there any old imers out there
    that still remember how to do something like this.

    All I really want to do is take a complete backup of the hard drive
    just in case it should crash or somethingand hjave it bootable. Not a
    new concept by any means... at least I should HOPE not.

    Any input greatly appreciated although IO must say I have little hope
    of gettiong an answedr as I have had practically NO success getting
    answers to seemingly simple questions on these computer groups. Guess
    there just ain't a whole lots of people what's usin' these here
    computer gadgets no more nowadays.

    But who knows for gosh sake, mayhaps I'll get lucky this time.

    Dan Whitaker

    mtnman13, Apr 17, 2006

  2. mtnman13

    ted_radioham Guest

    The most simple back up of the entire system is with Norton Ghost, I use
    2003 version and it saves the entire system to DVD. If you have a failure
    you just pop in the DVD and you are set up as you were prior to the failure.

    Ted

    ted_radioham, Apr 17, 2006

  3. mtnman13 wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to do this? Shouldn't be too complicated I would
    > think. The hard part, for me, is getting the bootstrap records, etc.
    > on the front end. But then I suppose I could revert to raw DOS commands
    > and after copying some boot commands I could just follow that with a
    > Format c: followed by a Copy C: to E: then copy the other partition
    > with a copy of D: to E:
    >
    > Or something of that nature. But of course what I have just outlined is
    > extrermely lacking in details. So are there any old imers out there
    > that still remember how to do something like this.
    >
    > All I really want to do is take a complete backup of the hard drive
    > just in case it should crash or somethingand hjave it bootable. Not a
    > new concept by any means... at least I should HOPE not.
    >
    > Any input greatly appreciated although IO must say I have little hope
    > of gettiong an answedr as I have had practically NO success getting
    > answers to seemingly simple questions on these computer groups.

    So, you are saying that you have come to this group before and the
    dumb ass idiots couldn't even help you with a seemingly simple
    question. Yet, you have come back and asked another question but
    preface that question with the disclaimer that you don't expect any of
    the idiots here to be able to help you. Just thought you would do it
    anyway, because it is just fun.

    Way to insult everyone that you are asking for help from and then tell
    them that you don't really think you are going to get help this time
    either because they are probably all too stupid to help you. That has
    to be the most jack-assed way I have ever heard of anyone ask for
    help. Good job, Dan. Maybe some of the masochists who like to be
    insulted will jump right on your problem for you.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 18, 2006