    Thanks,

    Chao-Jen

    , Sep 1, 2006

  2. You don't need to use any boot time switches. If the application is written
    to use >2GB (and most are not), then it will see a full 4GB of memory
    address space. But the application must be compiled with the
    LARGEMEMORYAWARE switch. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/x64/deploy.mspx, or
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/x64benefits.mspx.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hello Charlie,

    Thanks for your answer. Without asking the developer, is there any way
    by which I can tell whether a 32bit application is compiled with the
    option /LARGEADDRESSAWARE or not?

    If my 32bit application is not compiled with the option, is there any
    way to enable the option for the application without re-compiling?

    Thanks,

    Chao-Jen

    , Sep 1, 2006
  4. Chris Doré Guest

    The app has to be re-linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE. However, you can also
    use the MS util EDITBIN to modify the app without re-linking.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xd3shwhf.aspx

    In order to tell if an app can been linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE use the
    MS util DUMPBIN with the /HEADERS option.

    NOTE: EDITBIN and DUMPBIN do not work on apps compiled with the /GL option.

    Best of luck, Chris

    Chris Doré, Sep 1, 2006
  5. Short answer - see if they see more than 2GB of virtual memory address space
    in x64 Edition. ;) Longer answer - IANAD, but Chris has pointed you at a
    useful tool.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2006
  6. Guest

    Hello Chris,

    Much thanks. I will give a try to your answer.

    And, could you please tell me what the /GL option is for?

    Regards,

    Chao-Jen

    Chris Doré 寫é“:

    > The app has to be re-linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE. However, you can also
    > use the MS util EDITBIN to modify the app without re-linking.
    >
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xd3shwhf.aspx
    >
    > In order to tell if an app can been linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE use the
    > MS util DUMPBIN with the /HEADERS option.
    >
    > NOTE: EDITBIN and DUMPBIN do not work on apps compiled with the /GL option.
    >

    > Best of luck, Chris

    , Sep 1, 2006
  7. Guest

    Hello Chris,

    EDITBIN works!!!

    MMMMMMMuch thanks.

    I use the following command:
    "EDITBIN /LARGEADDRESSAWARE myApp.exe"

    Regards,

    Chao-Jen

    Chris Doré 寫é“:

    > The app has to be re-linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE. However, you can also
    > use the MS util EDITBIN to modify the app without re-linking.
    >
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xd3shwhf.aspx
    >
    > In order to tell if an app can been linked with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE use the
    > MS util DUMPBIN with the /HEADERS option.
    >
    > NOTE: EDITBIN and DUMPBIN do not work on apps compiled with the /GL option.
    >

    > Best of luck, Chris

    , Sep 2, 2006
  8. Chris Doré Guest

    Edit>