    server from my laptop using a high speed connection. What do I need to
    do to logon to my server?

    Thanks!
    Rubix, Jan 31, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > I had someone build me a web server using a Windows 2000 Server
    > platform with Active Directory and IIC 5. The server is behind a
    > firewall. I am currently on the road and I want to gain access to the
    > server from my laptop using a high speed connection. What do I need to
    > do to logon to my server?

    Talk to whoever built the server for you.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Rubix

    Rud Guest

    "Rubix" <> wrote in message
    > I had someone build me a web server using a Windows 2000 Server
    > platform with Active Directory and IIC 5. The server is behind a
    > firewall. I am currently on the road and I want to gain access to the
    > server from my laptop using a high speed connection. What do I need to
    > do to logon to my server?

    You need to set up the server to accept remote connections either through
    VPN or Direct connection where you dial into the modem of the server. Go to
    My computer, Control Panel, Network and Dial-Up connections. Click Make New
    Connections and use the wizard that it brings up. This needs to be done on
    both PC's, on the server it needs to Accept Incoming Connections and on the
    Laptop it needs Dial-up to private network or Connect to private network
    through the internet depending on how you are going to connect from the
    Laptop and accept from the server.
    Rud, Jan 31, 2004