    Geronimo Guest

    MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    and making it fully hands of installation if needed.
    Geronimo, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Geronimo

    Mr Bond Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:20:13 +1300, Geronimo
    <> wrote:

    >MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >and making it fully hands of installation if needed.

    The latest version of Nlite allows you to slipstream service packs and
    add specific drivers into the instalation. Works well, tried it in
    the weekend with my video card and other hardware auto-sortin'.

    Only problem was I set it up to do an unattended install, but my
    internal ADSL modem drivers require inputs when installed. So wasn't
    quite so unattended.

    Nlite also lets you strip stuff off the install that you don't want,
    eg movie maker etc.

    http://nuhi.msfn.org/
    Mr Bond, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Geronimo

    Enkidu Guest

    <> wrote:

    >MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >and making it fully hands of installation if needed.

    What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Geronimo

    Richard Guest

    Enkidu wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:20:13 +1300, Geronimo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >>and making it fully hands of installation if needed.
    >>

    > What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    > haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!

    SATA that doesnt emulate old ATA controlers for a start, its really common these
    days to need one unless you want to drop back to compatible SATA.

    Otherwise any form of add on SATA card.

    both need drivers loaded at install time since they are not included on the
    default XP CD that you boot from.
    Richard, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Geronimo

    Geronimo Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:51:33 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:20:13 +1300, Geronimo
    ><> wrote:
    >>
    >>MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >>and making it fully hands of installation if needed.
    >>

    >What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    >haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    You can't normally load Raid/IDE XP drivers with out it Full stop.
    Geronimo, Nov 9, 2004
  6. In article <>, wrote:
    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:20:13 +1300, Geronimo
    ><> wrote:
    >>
    >>MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >>and making it fully hands of installation if needed.
    >>

    >What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    >haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!

    Any kind of disk controller that doesn't have a driver on the XP CD.
    Which means any SATA RAID controller, some PCI IDE controllers, and PCI
    SATA controller, etc.
    Some of us want the full capabilities of SATA. It's quite ludicrous, I
    know, but there y'go.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Nov 9, 2004
  7. Geronimo

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Geronimo wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:51:33 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:20:13 +1300, Geronimo
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >>>and making it fully hands of installation if needed.
    >>>

    >>What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    >>haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    > You can't normally load Raid/IDE XP drivers with out it Full stop.

    Roger, peut vous signaler quelques FAITS à ce sujet satisfont.

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 9, 2004
  8. Geronimo

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:09:49 +1300, Chris Mayhew
    <> wrote:

    >Geronimo wrote:
    >> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:51:33 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:

    >>>What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    >>>haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>
    >>>Cliff

    >> You can't normally load Raid/IDE XP drivers with out it Full stop.
    >>

    >Roger, peut vous signaler quelques FAITS à ce sujet satisfont.

    Que?
    GraB, Nov 9, 2004
  9. Geronimo

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:42:46 GMT, (Matthew Poole)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, wrote:
    >>On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:20:13 +1300, Geronimo
    >><> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>MAXIMUM PC Oct, has a article on how to Slipstream the Drivers into a CD ,
    >>>and making it fully hands of installation if needed.
    >>>

    >>What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    >>haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!
    >>

    >Any kind of disk controller that doesn't have a driver on the XP CD.
    >Which means any SATA RAID controller, some PCI IDE controllers, and PCI
    >SATA controller, etc.
    >Some of us want the full capabilities of SATA. It's quite ludicrous, I
    >know, but there y'go.

    What do you do if the PC hasn't got a floppy drive?

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 11, 2004
  10. Geronimo

    Geronimo Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:39:27 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:42:46 GMT, (Matthew Poole)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, wrote:

    >>>What sort of gear have you got that needs a floppy to install it? I
    >>>haven't used a floppy disk during an install for years!
    >>>

    >>Any kind of disk controller that doesn't have a driver on the XP CD.
    >>Which means any SATA RAID controller, some PCI IDE controllers, and PCI
    >>SATA controller, etc.
    >>Some of us want the full capabilities of SATA. It's quite ludicrous, I
    >>know, but there y'go.
    >>

    >What do you do if the PC hasn't got a floppy drive?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Go and get one no other option, or burn a Slipstream CD with it all in.
    Geronimo, Nov 11, 2004
  11. Enkidu wrote:
    > What do you do if the PC hasn't got a floppy drive?

    sit and stair at the screen.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 11, 2004
  12. Geronimo

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:05:40 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu wrote:
    >> What do you do if the PC hasn't got a floppy drive?

    >sit and stair at the screen.

    "stair"? as in "take steps"?

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 11, 2004
  13. Enkidu wrote:
    >>>What do you do if the PC hasn't got a floppy drive?

    >>sit and stair at the screen.

    > "stair"? as in "take steps"?

    it appears that is what I meant. :/
    perhaps you could have interpreted it to have been the word "stare"?

    come on, it's friday
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 12, 2004
  14. Geronimo

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:11:39 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >>>sit and stair at the screen.

    >> "stair"? as in "take steps"?

    >it appears that is what I meant. :/
    >perhaps you could have interpreted it to have been the word "stare"?
    >
    >come on, it's friday

    Just a gentle dig, that's all that was intended....I did no watt ewe
    ment.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 12, 2004