How to list MCP/MCDST on Resume

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Forrest Greenberg, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. All,

    I was just wondering how these Certifications should be
    listed on my resume.

    I passed my first MCDST exam, so now I am a MCP.

    Once I pass my second exam, I will be a MCDST.

    As Microsoft sends two different Certificates for both of
    these "conditions" would it be acceptable to put both on
    my resume?

    Exp:

    Computer Certifications:

    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, 2005
    Microsoft Certified Professional, 2005
    Network+, 2005
    A+, 2004

    Or would I just list the MCDST, and drop the MCP?

    Thanks,

    Forrest

    Forrest Greenberg, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Forrest Greenberg

    T-Bone Guest

    "Forrest Greenberg" <> wrote
    > I was just wondering how these Certifications should be
    > listed on my resume.
    >
    > I passed my first MCDST exam, so now I am a MCP.

    Being a MCDST implies that you are already a MCP. However, just to make sure
    your resume gets past the HR filters, it would probably be advisable to
    mention both.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Thanks for the reply T-Bone.

    Guess once I get more Certs. I can drop it, but in the
    meantime, can use it for filler, and to get past the HR as
    you mention.

    Forrest Greenberg, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Forrest Greenberg

    Jason Guest

    Or, accomplish both by doing the following:

    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), 2005
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), 2005
    Network+, 2005
    A+, 2004

    Jason, Mar 15, 2005