    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Jim McCardle
    =====================================

    Jim McCARDLE, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Jim McCARDLE

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:46:20 +1100, Jim McCARDLE
    <> wrote:

    >How do I set a range of dates for headers in Agent 4.2
    >I have had alook at FAQs and the help. Basically I do NOT want to
    >download say 500,000 headers for a selected group, I have found where
    >I can set a limit on the number of headers retreived.
    >
    >I am sure there is a setting or option to download say the last 90
    >days worth of headers. I really do not want some fromm 2003.
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Jim McCardle
    >=====================================

    Right click on the group name. Click "sample".
    You can set the number of days to retrieve here.

    You will most likely never get posts over 120 days old as most news
    servers purge the groups. Otherwise they'd need 10 times more storage
    space.

    --

    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain(attributed)

    richard, Feb 22, 2008

  3. Jim McCARDLE

    Jim McCARDLE Guest

    Thanks for this info, I was unable to find it in the help section,
    never thought to right clickon the folder/group. It is exactly what I
    wanted. I managed to blow my months download limit in several days
    recently when I upgraded to agent 4.2 and download >500k headers in
    several groups. It really pissed me off!.
    Thanks again.
    Jim McC

    Jim McCARDLE, Feb 22, 2008
  4. Jim McCARDLE

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:09:42 +1100, Jim McCARDLE
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for this info, I was unable to find it in the help section,
    >never thought to right clickon the folder/group. It is exactly what I
    >wanted. I managed to blow my months download limit in several days
    >recently when I upgraded to agent 4.2 and download >500k headers in
    >several groups. It really pissed me off!.
    >Thanks again.
    >Jim McC

    Why are you downloading all headers every time?
    Just click on "new headers".
    then get yourself a real news service. www.newsguy.com
    With minimal service from them, I've got plenty of bandwidth.
    What I don't use, adds up to next month.
    I pay by the year and get a cheaper rate.
    I can logon to my account any time and see what bandwidth I've used.

    richard, Feb 22, 2008