    thanks
    Vinay

    , Jan 31, 2009

  2. olfart Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi I have subscribed to " which leaves
    > about 20 emails every day in my official email id. I dont remember how
    > i did it but its been over a year or so and I dont find these emails
    > useful.
    >
    > please help to guide how can i discontinue to receive such emails.
    >
    > thanks
    > Vinay

    Block Sender

    olfart, Jan 31, 2009

  3. MaryBeth Guest

    Here's a cut n paste from the Google group help page. You need to email
    them to unsubscribe. MB

    Google Groups

    If you're signed up for any Google Group, you'll continue to receive emails
    in your inbox after you've deleted your Google Account. To stop receiving
    emails, you can unsubscribe from all your groups. To unsubscribe from a
    group, simply send an email to [Groupname]. For
    example, if you wanted to leave google-friends, you'd send an email to

    MaryBeth, Jan 31, 2009
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi I have subscribed to " which leaves
    > about 20 emails every day in my official email id. I dont remember how
    > i did it but its been over a year or so and I dont find these emails
    > useful.
    >
    > please help to guide how can i discontinue to receive such emails.

    It seems strange to me that you would come to this usenet group and start
    a new topic to post a message to propagate to thousands of newsservers and
    millions of newsreaders to ask a question about googlegroups, a GG mailing
    list subscription, and your mailbox 'problem'.

    I don't understand why you wouldn't just click Help and find the answer to
    your question all by yourself in a few seconds without 'bothering' anyone
    else.

    You know that your subscribed mail is coming from GG. To find your answer
    to a GG related issue, you go to the GG front page and click the Help
    link. Use the provided search field to input 'unsubscribe'.

    This is a link to what you get
    http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46608 or
    unsubscribe from a group through our web interface or via email.

    .... and then it goes on to describe to you exactly how to do it with the
    web interface or by mail.

    Instead of your using that help function to help yourself, you impose on
    others by broadcasting your question to a few million people the vast
    majority of whom are not even using GG or subscribing to any of its
    mailing lists. It does seem strange.

    In addition to that specific Help function for GG, since you are a person
    who subscribes to mailing lists, you should get around to learning that
    every proper mailing list has information in each of the mail's headers
    about how to go about unsubbing from that mailing list.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 31, 2009
  5. Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:18:38 -0800, vinayberiwal wrote:

    > Hi I have subscribed to " which leaves
    > about 20 emails every day in my official email id. I dont remember how i
    > did it but its been over a year or so and I dont find these emails
    > useful.
    >
    > please help to guide how can i discontinue to receive such emails.
    >
    > thanks
    > Vinay

    Format your hard drive, you ignorant fucking stooge.

    Dan C, Jan 31, 2009
  6. zvnteq7 Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:18:38 -0800, vinayberiwal wrote:
    >
    >> Hi I have subscribed to " which leaves
    >> about 20 emails every day in my official email id. I dont remember how i
    >> did it but its been over a year or so and I dont find these emails
    >> useful.
    >>
    >> please help to guide how can i discontinue to receive such emails.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> Vinay

    > Format your hard drive, you ignorant fucking stooge.

    *you* forgot to add "Install Linux"

    zvnteq7, Jan 31, 2009
  7. Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-01-31, zvnteq7 <> wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:18:38 -0800, vinayberiwal wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi I have subscribed to " which leaves
    >>> about 20 emails every day in my official email id. I dont remember how i
    >>> did it but its been over a year or so and I dont find these emails
    >>> useful.
    >>>
    >>> please help to guide how can i discontinue to receive such emails.
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>> Vinay

    >> Format your hard drive, you ignorant fucking stooge.
    >>

    > *you* forgot to add "Install Linux"

    But Linux can access Google Groups too. (In fact, I think it runs on
    Linux),

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 31, 2009
  8. Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:01:39 -0500, zvnteq7 wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:18:38 -0800, vinayberiwal wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi I have subscribed to " which leaves
    >>> about 20 emails every day in my official email id. I dont remember how
    >>> i did it but its been over a year or so and I dont find these emails
    >>> useful.
    >>>
    >>> please help to guide how can i discontinue to receive such emails.
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>> Vinay

    >> Format your hard drive, you ignorant fucking stooge.
    >>

    > *you* forgot to add "Install Linux"

    No, I didn't. Anyone who can't figure out what he's asking would have no
    hope whatsoever of installing/using Linux. Would have been a waste of my
    time to tell him that.

    He's a drive-by, anyway, and won't see any of these responses. <shrug>

    Dan C, Feb 1, 2009