    protection features."

    Now how do I know if a CPU support DEP or not? Mine is P4
    2.6Ghz. Three years old.
    dandalion, Apr 17, 2006

  2. dandalion

    Butterfield Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:30:50 -0400, dandalion <>
    wrote:

    >Win XP Help says,"If your processor does not support
    >hardware-based DEP (Data Execution Prevention), it's a good
    >idea to upgrade to a processor that offers execution
    >protection features."
    >
    >Now how do I know if a CPU support DEP or not? Mine is P4
    >2.6Ghz. Three years old.

    You might try downloading EVEREST HOME EDITION and checking out the
    CPU instruction sets.

    -- Butterfield
    Butterfield, Apr 17, 2006

  3. dandalion

    J. Clarke Guest

    dandalion wrote:

    > Win XP Help says,"If your processor does not support
    > hardware-based DEP (Data Execution Prevention), it's a good
    > idea to upgrade to a processor that offers execution
    > protection features."
    >
    > Now how do I know if a CPU support DEP or not? Mine is P4
    > 2.6Ghz. Three years old.

    Check the Intel site. They have a table of processors that includes that
    information.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Apr 17, 2006
  4. dandalion

    Butterfield Guest

    On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:23:58 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >dandalion wrote:
    >
    >> Win XP Help says,"If your processor does not support
    >> hardware-based DEP (Data Execution Prevention), it's a good
    >> idea to upgrade to a processor that offers execution
    >> protection features."
    >>
    >> Now how do I know if a CPU support DEP or not? Mine is P4
    >> 2.6Ghz. Three years old.

    >Check the Intel site. They have a table of processors that includes that
    >information.

    another earlybird or are we staying up late? Perhaps a time zone
    anomaly? (writing from EST)

    -- Butterfield
    Butterfield, Apr 17, 2006
  5. dandalion

    J. Clarke Guest

    Butterfield wrote:

    > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:23:58 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>dandalion wrote:
    >>
    >>> Win XP Help says,"If your processor does not support
    >>> hardware-based DEP (Data Execution Prevention), it's a good
    >>> idea to upgrade to a processor that offers execution
    >>> protection features."
    >>>
    >>> Now how do I know if a CPU support DEP or not? Mine is P4
    >>> 2.6Ghz. Three years old.

    >>Check the Intel site. They have a table of processors that includes that
    >>information.

    > another earlybird or are we staying up late? Perhaps a time zone
    > anomaly? (writing from EST)

    Terminal insomnia.

    J. Clarke, Apr 17, 2006
  6. On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:10:40 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >Butterfield wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:23:58 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Check the Intel site. They have a table of processors that includes that
    >>>information.

    >> another earlybird or are we staying up late? Perhaps a time zone
    >> anomaly? (writing from EST)

    >Terminal insomnia.
    >
    >> -- Butterfield

    Hmmm...terminal?...not operating from a stand-alone PC? :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Apr 17, 2006