how to join 2 jpg's??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Steve Robertson, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    Steve Robertson, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Steve Robertson

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??++

    Ummm..... almost any graphic app that has ever been invented!

    Try cutting & pasting from any app - lol, even including "cough* MS paint
    *cough*

    Try using some intelligence - and actually experimenting before you annouce
    to the world how incapable you are!

    ...... and I guess ...... at this point that I'd like to acknowledge.......
    that the meek shall inherit the earth, but the terminally lazy (and stupid)
    will be a burden on society and should be exterminated at the earliest
    opportunity.

    RJ's new signature ---- get off your lazy ass and learn to help yourself
    (big clue....... g**gl*)

    And the totally irony is.... maybe Harry is right........ kiwis are too
    fucking stupid to own a PC.

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Steve Robertson

    Rebel Lord Guest

    Steve Robertson wrote:

    > What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    Let's see...most of them...that are jpg capable.

    Rebel Lord, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Steve Robertson

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Ryan Jacobs said the following on 19/09/2004 20:39:
    > "Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??++

    > Ummm..... almost any graphic app that has ever been invented!
    >
    > Try cutting & pasting from any app - lol, even including "cough* MS paint
    > *cough*
    >
    > Try using some intelligence - and actually experimenting before you annouce
    > to the world how incapable you are!
    >

    > ..... and I guess ...... at this point that I'd like to acknowledge.......
    > that the meek shall inherit the earth, but the terminally lazy (and stupid)
    > will be a burden on society and should be exterminated at the earliest
    > opportunity.
    >
    > RJ's new signature ---- get off your lazy ass and learn to help yourself
    > (big clue....... g**gl*)
    >
    > And the totally irony is.... maybe Harry is right........ kiwis are too
    > fucking stupid to own a PC.

    Try being a little kinder in your At^h^H comments

    Collector-NZ, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Steve Robertson

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Rebel Lord said the following on 19/09/2004 20:41:
    > Steve Robertson wrote:
    >

    >>What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    > Let's see...most of them...that are jpg capable.

    Okay lets punish the newbie, try a constructive answer like
    get paintshop pro.

    Advise them to google for a freeware option. etc etc etc

    Collector-NZ, Sep 19, 2004
  6. Steve Robertson

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Collector-NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Ryan Jacobs said the following on 19/09/2004 20:39:
    >> "Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??++

    >> Ummm..... almost any graphic app that has ever been invented!
    >>
    >> Try cutting & pasting from any app - lol, even including "cough* MS
    >> paint *cough*
    >>
    >> Try using some intelligence - and actually experimenting before you
    >> annouce to the world how incapable you are!
    >>

    >> ..... and I guess ...... at this point that I'd like to
    >> acknowledge....... that the meek shall inherit the earth, but the
    >> terminally lazy (and stupid) will be a burden on society and should be
    >> exterminated at the earliest opportunity.
    >>
    >> RJ's new signature ---- get off your lazy ass and learn to help yourself
    >> (big clue....... g**gl*)
    >>
    >> And the totally irony is.... maybe Harry is right........ kiwis are too
    >> fucking stupid to own a PC.

    > Try being a little kinder in your At^h^H comments

    Well, maybe you are correct - but, just maybe people need to learn how to
    help themselves? Or have we come around to a society where laziness is more
    important than getting off your arse and helping yourself? Oops, sorry, yes
    we have... we have degenerated into the "me" society -where people can rely
    on others to wipe their bum...............................................

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 19, 2004
  7. Steve Robertson

    Gurble Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:39:26 +1200, "Ryan Jacobs" <>
    wrote:

    >"Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message
    >> What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??++

    >Ummm..... almost any graphic app that has ever been invented!
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >Try using some intelligence - and actually experimenting before you annouce
    >to the world how incapable you are!

    Steady on there, Ryan.

    Don't really see the need for that little outburst!

    Gurble, Sep 19, 2004
  8. Steve Robertson

    theseus Guest

    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote in message

    > Well, maybe you are correct - but, just maybe people need to learn how to
    > help themselves? Or have we come around to a society where laziness is
    > more important than getting off your arse and helping yourself? Oops,
    > sorry, yes we have... we have degenerated into the "me" society -where
    > people can rely on others to wipe their
    > bum...............................................

    Well he could be asking for what people here think is best ?
    Its pretty obvious that theres a heap of free editors on tucows etc.
    Which one would you suggest ?
    Just because we seem to have a Jay Harry Barry Kerry Genius flaming arse
    infestation isn't a good reason to go that way yourself.

    theseus, Sep 19, 2004
  9. Steve Robertson

    Harry Guest

    Steve Robertson wrote:

    > What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    djpeg a.jpg >a.pnm
    djpeg b.jpg >b.pnm
    pnmcat -tb a.pnm b.pnm >c.pnm

    Harry, Sep 19, 2004
  10. Steve Robertson

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Ryan Jacobs said the following on 19/09/2004 21:08:
    > "Collector-NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ryan Jacobs said the following on 19/09/2004 20:39:
    >>
    >>>"Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message

    >>>Ummm..... almost any graphic app that has ever been invented!
    >>>
    >>>Try cutting & pasting from any app - lol, even including "cough* MS
    >>>paint *cough*
    >>>
    >>>Try using some intelligence - and actually experimenting before you
    >>>annouce to the world how incapable you are!
    >>>

    >>>..... and I guess ...... at this point that I'd like to
    >>>acknowledge....... that the meek shall inherit the earth, but the
    >>>terminally lazy (and stupid) will be a burden on society and should be
    >>>exterminated at the earliest opportunity.
    >>>
    >>>RJ's new signature ---- get off your lazy ass and learn to help yourself
    >>>(big clue....... g**gl*)
    >>>
    >>>And the totally irony is.... maybe Harry is right........ kiwis are too
    >>>fucking stupid to own a PC.

    >>Try being a little kinder in your At^h^H comments

    > Well, maybe you are correct - but, just maybe people need to learn how to
    > help themselves? Or have we come around to a society where laziness is more
    > important than getting off your arse and helping yourself? Oops, sorry, yes
    > we have... we have degenerated into the "me" society -where people can rely
    > on others to wipe their bum...............................................

    Perhaps but give everyone a break before dissing them

    Collector-NZ, Sep 19, 2004
  11. Steve Robertson

    Collector-NZ Guest

    theseus said the following on 19/09/2004 21:15:
    > "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Well, maybe you are correct - but, just maybe people need to learn how to
    >>help themselves? Or have we come around to a society where laziness is
    >>more important than getting off your arse and helping yourself? Oops,
    >>sorry, yes we have... we have degenerated into the "me" society -where
    >>people can rely on others to wipe their
    >>bum...............................................
    >>

    > Well he could be asking for what people here think is best ?
    > Its pretty obvious that theres a heap of free editors on tucows etc.
    > Which one would you suggest ?
    > Just because we seem to have a Jay Harry Barry Kerry Genius flaming arse
    > infestation isn't a good reason to go that way yourself.

    Power to you

    Collector-NZ, Sep 19, 2004
  12. Steve Robertson

    Tony Guest

    > What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    Do you mean to make a panorama shot by joining two into one, or a montage
    type joining? ignore the person who first responded they had the fortunate
    luck of being born with all the necessary knowledge - didnt have to learn
    it.

    Tony, Sep 19, 2004
  13. Steve Robertson

    bambam Guest

    (Steve Robertson) wrote in

    > What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    Irfanview

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    bambam, Sep 19, 2004
  14. Steve Robertson

    Allistar Guest

    Steve Robertson wrote:

    > What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    The Gimp will do this. Not freeware but it is free.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Sep 20, 2004
  15. Steve Robertson

    Rebel Lord Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > Steve Robertson wrote:
    >
    >> What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    > The Gimp will do this. Not freeware but it is free.

    And it is now ported to the funny os

    Rebel Lord, Sep 20, 2004
  16. It seems like Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:08:25 +1200 was when "Ryan Jacobs"
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >where people can rely on others to wipe their bum...

    I'm not quite at that stage yet, but if anyone can find someone to
    wipe my bum, please send me an email.

    </joke>

    However, you are quite right about the me generation, and people (and
    businesses) doing things primarily for profit, and not necessarily to
    enhance the lives of others.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 20, 2004
  17. It seems like Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:35:45 GMT was when
    (Steve Robertson) said Blah blah blah...

    >What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    GIMP is free, but I don't know my way around it, so can't say exactly
    what to do with it (I'm assuming open the two pictures, select one of
    them, ctrl-c to cut, swap to other photo, and see if there's a paste
    as new layer, then move it around?)

    Jasc's Paint Shop Pro is pretty good, costs money though.

    There are specialized programs for joining panoramic photos available.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 20, 2004
  18. Steve Robertson

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:59:19 +1200, Waylon Kenning
    <> wrote:

    >Jasc's Paint Shop Pro is pretty good, costs money though.

    Version 5 was free on an Australian PC cover disc. Holler if you want a copy.

    Invisible, Sep 20, 2004

  19. >
    >Try using some intelligence - and actually experimenting before you annouce
    >to the world how incapable you are!

    Pull your head in dickhead.
    Asking advice is what this NG is about (isnt it)

    I wanted a quick one step solution (such as AVI joiner does with AVI's)

    Steve Robertson, Sep 20, 2004
  20. In article <>, (Steve Robertson) wrote:
    >What freeware programs will join 2 pictures into one??

    I found the paroramic option in I_View (thanks for the helpfull replies)
    I never new there was such a thing.

    Steve Robertson, Sep 20, 2004