    Anybody know how to do this?

    /Andrew

    , Jan 8, 2008

  2. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am setting up a wireless hotspot for a friend who owns a small
    > company. She wants her customers to have access to the internet but
    > not her internal office LAN. Simply explained:
    >
    > A -----> C
    > B -----> C
    >
    > If A is a computer on the LAN, B is a computer wirelessly connected to
    > the router and C is the internet access point, then A can talk to C, B
    > can talk to C, but A cannot talk to B and B cannot talk to A. This
    > will prevent wireless users gaining access to her LAN.
    >
    > This is a very small company and they want to implement this cheaply.
    > Anybody know how to do this?

    alt.internet.wireless is where you'll find people who do this for their
    livelihood.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 9, 2008

  3. Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:52:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >I am setting up a wireless hotspot for a friend who owns a small
    >company. She wants her customers to have access to the internet but
    >not her internal office LAN. Simply explained:
    >
    >A -----> C
    >B -----> C
    >
    >If A is a computer on the LAN, B is a computer wirelessly connected to
    >the router and C is the internet access point, then A can talk to C, B
    >can talk to C, but A cannot talk to B and B cannot talk to A. This
    >will prevent wireless users gaining access to her LAN.
    >
    >This is a very small company and they want to implement this cheaply.
    >Anybody know how to do this?
    >
    >/Andrew

    One way to do it is:

    1. Have the "A" PCs use static IPs in the range 192.168.1.1 -
    192.168.1.100
    2. "B" PCs use dynamic IPs (DHCP enabled on the router) in the range
    192.168.1.101 - 192.168.1.200
    3. On the "A" PCs, set firewalls to exclude 192.168.1.101 -
    192.168.1.200

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Jan 11, 2008