    warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
    something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
    etc)?

    Joebob, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Joebob

    Stacey Guest

    Joebob wrote:

    > I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
    > it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
    > extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
    > without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
    > purpose (hammer marks, etc)?

    Hook the AV socket on the camera to an A/C wall outlet? That should toast
    it..
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Joebob

    Darrell Guest

    "Joebob" <> wrote in message
    >I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
    >it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
    >extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
    >without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose
    >(hammer marks, etc)?

    I don't know if any extended warranty plans will simply replace the camera.
    Most like Mack will actually open the camera up to determine the problem, if
    they detect intententional damage the warrantyill be voided.

    Darrell, Apr 25, 2005
  4. On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:38:05 GMT, "Joebob" <> wrote:

    >I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
    >I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
    >warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
    >something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
    >etc)?

    But I can tell you how to get Verizon to nuke your account: Forge a
    domain that you don't own.
    --
    gburnore@databasix dot com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    | ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
    Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
    Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

    Gary L. Burnore, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Joebob

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Re: How to Intentionally Break a Digital Camera While Making it LookLike Normal Wear and Tear?

    Joebob wrote:
    > I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
    > I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
    > warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
    > something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
    > etc)?

    May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
    internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
    and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that
    they don't know ethics from ethnics.
    You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
    Maybe that will work.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Joebob

    Marc Stanton Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Joebob wrote:
    >> I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
    >> it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
    >> extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
    >> without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
    >> purpose (hammer marks, etc)?
    >>

    > May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
    > internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
    > and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that they
    > don't know ethics from ethnics.

    Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..

    > You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
    > Maybe that will work.

    No ............It'll just get browned off!

    MS

    Marc Stanton, Apr 25, 2005
  7. Joebob

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:QVYae.685$ "Marc Stanton"
    <> wrote:

    > Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..

    There is nothing so stupid that somebody won't say it on USENET in
    earnest.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Apr 25, 2005
  8. Joebob

    Mark² Guest

    "Joebob" <> wrote in message
    >I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
    >it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
    >extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
    >without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose
    >(hammer marks, etc)?

    You are a shameless boob.

    Perhaps your screen name should be joeboob...

    Announcing to the world that you intend to commit fraud is right up there
    with all those "world's dumbest criminal" stories we all read about.

    As Yoda would say:

    "May the police force be with you..."

    Mark², Apr 25, 2005
  9. Joebob

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:38:05 GMT, Joebob wrote:

    > I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
    > I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
    > warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
    > something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
    > etc)?

    Immerse the camera in a gallon of sweetened iced tea for 24 hours.
    Remove, rinse briefly and place in a slow oven for 2 hours or until
    thoroughly dry internally. The rubes will never suspect a thing
    unless you say something stupid. But if that happens, admit
    nothing. Tell them that yomama did it.

    ASAAR, Apr 25, 2005
  10. Joebob

    Tony Guest

    Try sticking it up your butt for a day or two - but take your hockey stick
    out first.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Apr 25, 2005
  11. Joebob

    Marc Stanton wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Joebob wrote:
    >>
    >>>I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
    >>>it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
    >>>extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
    >>>without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
    >>>purpose (hammer marks, etc)?
    >>>

    >>May I suggest you not announce your intend to commit fraud on the
    >>internet. Do you know that others end up paying more for their products
    >>and services because of people like you who are so self-centered that they
    >>don't know ethics from ethnics.

    > Get real ...... This guy is a hoaxter and is just yanking yer chain..
    >

    >>You might try bending over and inserting it where the sun doesn't shine.
    >>Maybe that will work.

    > No ............It'll just get browned off!
    >
    > MS

    I wish he were, but suspect he is typical of the 'ME' generation.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 25, 2005
  12. Re: How to Intentionally Break a Digital Camera While Making it LookLike Normal Wear and Tear?

    > I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.

    Install a bad firmware update.

    Alexander Rogge, Apr 25, 2005
  13. Joebob

    Peter A. Guest

    (1) Organise a visit to the world's largest particle accelerator. It's
    in Geneva. Take the camera.
    (2) Set up in the target area, using a tripod, so that the sensor is
    lined up with the beam path. Take a theodolite and stuff, accuracy is
    important.
    (3) Remove lens and lock mirror up.
    (4) Call the power company, who will bring another power station on
    line.
    (5) Power up the accelerator and initiate a firing sequence.

    Your camera will cease to function.
    On second thoughts, leave the mirror down and look through the
    viewfinder during this operation.

    http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Content/Chapters/VisitCERN/VisitCERN-en.html

    (The guy in the hoodie is trying a little D.I.Y. corrective eye surgery)

    Peter A., Apr 25, 2005
  14. Joebob

    steve Guest

    5 seconds in microwave. Works well with phones so should be ok with camera.

    steve, Apr 25, 2005
  15. Joebob

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Stacey <> wrote:

    > Joebob wrote:
    >
    > > I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping
    > > it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an
    > > extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working
    > > without doing something to it that makes it look like I broke it on
    > > purpose (hammer marks, etc)?

    > Hook the AV socket on the camera to an A/C wall outlet? That should toast
    > it..

    Or drop it in a bucket of water while switched on.

    Stewy, Apr 25, 2005
  16. --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
    ? "Peter A." <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > (1) Organise a visit to the world's largest particle accelerator. It's
    > in Geneva. Take the camera.
    > (2) Set up in the target area, using a tripod, so that the sensor is
    > lined up with the beam path. Take a theodolite and stuff, accuracy is
    > important.
    > (3) Remove lens and lock mirror up.
    > (4) Call the power company, who will bring another power station on
    > line.
    > (5) Power up the accelerator and initiate a firing sequence.
    >
    > Your camera will cease to function.
    > On second thoughts, leave the mirror down and look through the
    > viewfinder during this operation.

    http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Content/Chapters/VisitCERN/VisitCERN-en.htm

    > (The guy in the hoodie is trying a little D.I.Y. corrective eye surgery)

    Do you think that the beam will change path once it hits his ear-rings?

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 25, 2005
  17. I thought that mobile phones work with microwave...

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 25, 2005
  18. Joebob

    dylan Guest

    "Dimitrios Tzortzakakis" <> wrote in message
    >I thought that mobile phones work with microwave...

    They work LIKE microwave, especially on brains...

    dylan, Apr 25, 2005
  19. Joebob

    Guest

    "Joebob" <> wrote:

    >I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or dropping it.
    >I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new model under an extended
    >warranty plan. Does anyone know how to make it stop working without doing
    >something to it that makes it look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks,
    >etc)?

    Go to manual mode, set 30 seconds, point camera toward sun at max
    zoom. Use optical viewfinder to keep camera pointed in right place.

    , Apr 25, 2005
  20. Joebob

    scott Guest

    "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Stacey <> wrote:
    >
    >> Joebob wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want my digital camera to stop working without smashing it or
    >>> dropping it. I'm hoping to bring in the broken camera for a new
    >>> model under an extended warranty plan. Does anyone know how to
    >>> make it stop working without doing something to it that makes it
    >>> look like I broke it on purpose (hammer marks, etc)?

    >> Hook the AV socket on the camera to an A/C wall outlet? That
    >> should toast it..

    > Or drop it in a bucket of water while switched on.

    I suspect they have water detection parts in them, most mobile phones do
    exactly for this purpose.

    scott, Apr 25, 2005