    i try to do so on a win xp(64bit) iso, but i fail.
    anybody help me?

    thanks in advanced
    =?Utf-8?B?bXo=?=, Oct 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXo=?=

    Rick Guest

    You need a 64-bit enable CPU. The one you have is not 64-bit. There
    are some Sempron 3100+ and most, if not all, the Sempron 3300+ are
    64-bit enabled.

    You will need 64-bit drivers for all hardware to install Win x64 when
    you have a 64-bit CPU.

    Rick, Oct 7, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bXo=?=

    Rick Guest

    You will also need a floppy drive for the installation. Some people
    have been successful with a USB floppy, but not all.

    Rick, Oct 7, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bXo=?=

    Rick Guest

    Correction. You might have a Sempron that is 64-bit enable. If the
    model number on the CPU itself has "BX" at the end of it, it is supposed
    to be x86_64.

    http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=56575

    Go down about 3 posts and there is a list.

    Rick, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Make sure you copied the 64 bit version of the drivers into the ISO. And
    that you modified the txtsetup.sif in the \amd64 folder.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 7, 2005
  6. i did copy the 64bit version of the drivers downloaded from www.viatech.com
    into the iso.(the 32bit version driver is "viamraid.sys" and the 64bit
    version is "viamrx64.sys".)
    i also modified the txtsetup.sif in the \amd64 because i could't find it in
    the \i386.

    but i still got a "no harddisk detected" message during textmode installation.
    i could also see the prompt "loading(via 8237sata/raid driver)" before the
    message show to me, which was the same as i wrote in the [scsi] of
    txtsetup.sif.
    =?Utf-8?B?bXo=?=, Oct 8, 2005
  7. I was, ultimately, able to get this to work, but I don't remember all the
    steps. And I do remember that it did NOT go smoothly. Really, it's just a
    whole lot easier (if a whole lot more annoying) to just go buy/borrow a
    floppy drive and get the job done. Going price for a floppy is <$20 USD.
    More for a USB version, of course. I now keep one around, along with an old
    cable I scrounged from the recycle bin, just for stuff like this. Once the
    system is built, just unplug it and stick it away till you need it again.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2005
  8. is there any difference in the two "txtsetup.sif" between winxp-64 and
    winxp-32?
    or could you tell me where to get more information about the format of
    "txtsetup.sif"?

    thanks again.
    =?Utf-8?B?bXo=?=, Oct 8, 2005