    install of Mozilla is somewhat custom because I have the cache and news
    folders running on different drive, but this seems to work fine. Am I
    missing something here?
    c0smic, Oct 6, 2003

  2. c0smic wrote:
    > Having discovered no spell check in Mozilla email, I am trying to
    > download and install it. I am tring to install from
    > http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html . I take that I am
    > supposed to click on the download link and then Mozilla will install it.
    > But nothing happens at all. I was able to download the *.xpi file with
    > IE to a folder, but havn't got a clue what to do now. I have tried to
    > open the file from Open File... in Mozilla, but nothing happens. My
    > install of Mozilla is somewhat custom because I have the cache and news
    > folders running on different drive, but this seems to work fine. Am I
    > missing something here?

    What version are you running? 1.5 on have spellchcker checked in, no
    need to add an extension.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2003

  3. c0smic

    c0smic Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > c0smic wrote:
    >
    >> Having discovered no spell check in Mozilla email, I am trying to
    >> download and install it. I am tring to install from
    >> http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html . I take that I am
    >> supposed to click on the download link and then Mozilla will install
    >> it. But nothing happens at all. I was able to download the *.xpi file
    >> with IE to a folder, but havn't got a clue what to do now. I have
    >> tried to open the file from Open File... in Mozilla, but nothing
    >> happens. My install of Mozilla is somewhat custom because I have the
    >> cache and news folders running on different drive, but this seems to
    >> work fine. Am I missing something here?
    >>

    > What version are you running? 1.5 on have spellchcker checked in, no
    > need to add an extension.
    >
    > Lee

    I am using 1.4
    c0smic, Oct 6, 2003
  4. c0smic

    Ed Mullen Guest

    c0smic wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >

    >>c0smic wrote:
    >>

    >>>Having discovered no spell check in Mozilla email, I am trying to
    >>>download and install it. I am tring to install from
    >>>http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html . I take that I am
    >>>supposed to click on the download link and then Mozilla will install
    >>>it. But nothing happens at all. I was able to download the *.xpi file
    >>>with IE to a folder, but havn't got a clue what to do now. I have
    >>>tried to open the file from Open File... in Mozilla, but nothing
    >>>happens. My install of Mozilla is somewhat custom because I have the
    >>>cache and news folders running on different drive, but this seems to
    >>>work fine. Am I missing something here?
    >>>

    >>What version are you running? 1.5 on have spellchcker checked in, no
    >>need to add an extension.
    >>
    >>Lee
    >>

    > I am using 1.4

    Make sure Preferences - Advanced - Software Installation is enabled.
    Then try dragging the xpi file and dropping it into a Mozilla Navigator
    window.

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 6, 2003
  5. c0smic

    c0smic Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > c0smic wrote:

    >>>What version are you running? 1.5 on have spellchcker checked in, no
    >>>need to add an extension.
    >>>
    >>>Lee
    >>>

    >>I am using 1.4
    >>

    > Make sure Preferences - Advanced - Software Installation is enabled.
    > Then try dragging the xpi file and dropping it into a Mozilla Navigator
    > window.

    That was it! Thank you very much :)
    c0smic, Oct 6, 2003
  6. c0smic

    Ed Mullen Guest

    c0smic wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >

    >>c0smic wrote:

    >>>I am using 1.4
    >>>

    >>Make sure Preferences - Advanced - Software Installation is enabled.
    >>Then try dragging the xpi file and dropping it into a Mozilla Navigator
    >>window.
    >>

    > That was it! Thank you very much :)

    Excellent! I finally did my good deed for the day and can go to bed. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 6, 2003
  7. On 06/10/03 14:34, c0smic wrote ...
    > Having discovered no spell check in Mozilla email, I am trying to
    > download and install it. I am tring to install from
    > http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html . I take that I am
    > supposed to click on the download link and then Mozilla will install it.
    > But nothing happens at all. I was able to download the *.xpi file with
    > IE to a folder, but havn't got a clue what to do now. I have tried to
    > open the file from Open File... in Mozilla, but nothing happens. My
    > install of Mozilla is somewhat custom because I have the cache and news
    > folders running on different drive, but this seems to work fine. Am I
    > missing something here?

    I do not remember now what I did, but I DID install that spellchecker,
    following the install notes and it was effortless. It works fine. Note
    the installation specs ...
    "To install the spellchecker, you must be running Mozilla as a user who
    has write access to the directory where Mozilla is installed. This may
    require running Mozilla as root to perform the installation, and you
    should run Mozilla as root the first time after installing the
    spellchecker."

    --
    Best regards,
    David Tangye