    Once I have done that how do I download them on to the mobile ?

    Looking forward to your replys
    NZed
    NZed, Oct 22, 2003

  2. NZed

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:06:26 +1300, "NZed" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a new phone Kyocera KE414 which has Polyphonic ringtones.
    >How do I install my own sounds ...and what format do they have to be in.?
    >Once I have done that how do I download them on to the mobile ?
    >
    >Looking forward to your replys
    >NZed

    Depends on what connection options your phone has. If it has
    bluetooth, infrared or a data cable you shoud be in business. You will
    need PC Suite or Oxygen phone manager (or whatever Kyocera provides).
    You should then be able to download MIDI files and transfer them to
    you phone. I've heard that some phones can even use MP3's but don't
    quote me on that.
    Dogg, Oct 22, 2003

  3. I've always wondered why they don't allow you to use short MP3 files
    instead of those god-awful monophonic or polyphonic tines.

    How cool would it be if, when somebody called you, your phone said
    "incoming message" in Worf's voice or made that neat Star Trek
    communicator noise ;-)

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 22, 2003
  4. NZed

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Simpson" wrote
    > How cool would it be if, when somebody called you, your phone said
    > "incoming message" in Worf's voice or made that neat Star Trek
    > communicator noise ;-)

    wow, someone who is more of a geek than me... that would not be "cool"
    Bruce... definately not "cool"
    T.N.O., Oct 22, 2003
  5. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:08:25 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >"Bruce Simpson" wrote
    >> How cool would it be if, when somebody called you, your phone said
    >> "incoming message" in Worf's voice or made that neat Star Trek
    >> communicator noise ;-)

    >wow, someone who is more of a geek than me... that would not be "cool"
    >Bruce... definately not "cool"

    But I'm using Mr Worf to announce my incoming emails -- does that make
    me a geek? -)

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 22, 2003
  6. NZed

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:13:05 +1300, Bruce Simpson
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:08:25 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Bruce Simpson" wrote
    >>> How cool would it be if, when somebody called you, your phone said
    >>> "incoming message" in Worf's voice or made that neat Star Trek
    >>> communicator noise ;-)

    >>wow, someone who is more of a geek than me... that would not be "cool"
    >>Bruce... definately not "cool"

    >But I'm using Mr Worf to announce my incoming emails -- does that make
    >me a geek? -)

    Nearly as bad as using HAL 9000 saying "There is a message for you" as
    your new email notification ;)
    Dogg, Oct 23, 2003
  7. "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > I've always wondered why they don't allow you to use short MP3 files
    > instead of those god-awful monophonic or polyphonic tines.

    Oh but they do, you just have to have the right brand of phone (Windows
    Mobile Smartphone)
    http://www.optus.com.au/shop/browse...phBrand=Smart-Devices&phones.x=43&phones.y=60

    > How cool would it be if, when somebody called you, your phone said
    > "incoming message" in Worf's voice or made that neat Star Trek
    > communicator noise ;-)

    My current ringtone is my dog barking. Woof woof.
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 23, 2003
  8. NZed

    me here Guest

    Dogg wrote:

    > Nearly as bad as using HAL 9000 saying "There is a message for you" as
    > your new email notification ;)

    Or the sultry female voice, "Master, I have a message for you" that I
    have heard.

    Gavin
    me here, Oct 23, 2003
  9. Bruce Simpson <> wrote in

    > I've always wondered why they don't allow you to use short MP3 files
    > instead of those god-awful monophonic or polyphonic tines.
    >
    > How cool would it be if, when somebody called you, your phone said
    > "incoming message" in Worf's voice or made that neat Star Trek
    > communicator noise ;-)
    >
    > --
    > you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/

    Some do, like the Nokia 7650 or 3650 you can record messages via the phones
    mic and use that as the ring tone, and I think the new SonyEricsson P900
    supports mp3 files.

    Jason
    Jason Fanning, Oct 25, 2003