    What's the correct way to install these files? Where should I put them
    etc.

    Thanks for any help!

    phuile, Mar 13, 2009

  2. phuile

    Mike Easter Guest

    posted to 24hshd only

    phuile wrote:
    > I downloaded the latest driver for the Dell 2007wfp monior.

    The same place you download the driver has installation instructions
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?releaseid=R138477&
    formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=193234 or http://snipr.com/dq49v

    On that page there is a blue 'Installation Instructions' section which has
    a + symbol. Click the plus and the instructions will appear.

    > It came as
    > a zip file containing 3 files -
    >
    > .cat
    > .icm
    > .inf
    >
    > What's the correct way to install these files? Where should I put them
    > etc.

    The downloaded file is R138477.zip

    The intallinstr say that those files will be put into a folder in a dell
    directory R138477

    > Thanks for any help!

    An .inf file can be used to install device drivers. When windows finds a
    hardware device and asks for the driver, you can point the operating
    system's New Device or Hardware Wizard there.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 13, 2009

  3. phuile

    Bob I Guest

    Display properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, Properties, Driver,
    Update driver.

    Bob I, Mar 13, 2009
  4. phuile

    Guest

    phuile <> wrote:

    >I downloaded the latest driver for the Dell 2007wfp monior. It came as
    >a zip file containing 3 files -
    >
    >.cat
    >.icm
    >.inf
    >
    >What's the correct way to install these files? Where should I put them
    >etc.

    Right click on the .inf file, select install.

    lots of ways...
    --

    Ever run wire?
    http://i.gizmodo.com/5169224/what-in-wired-hell-is-this