How to: Install and Run Microsoft Office 2003 on Linux desktop

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Sep 24, 2007

  2. Au79

    Ima Beech Guest

    Ima Beech, Sep 25, 2007

  3. Ima Beech wrote:

    > On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:53:39 -0700, Au79 wrote:
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > ~3/160551109/running-ms-office-2003-on-linux.html>
    >
    > Kewl!
    >
    > While I use Linux, I also prefer PowerPoint. I will try this next chance
    > I get.
    >
    > Thanks.

    <notices your User-Agent header>

    Holy cow. Is Pan getting even weirder with the stuff it puts in it's U-A
    header?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 25, 2007
  4. Au79

    Ima Beech Guest

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:49:01 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Ima Beech wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:53:39 -0700, Au79 wrote:
    >>
    >>> [quoted text muted]

    >> ~3/160551109/running-ms-office-2003-on-linux.html>
    >>
    >> Kewl!
    >>
    >> While I use Linux, I also prefer PowerPoint. I will try this next
    >> chance I get.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > <notices your User-Agent header>
    >
    > Holy cow. Is Pan getting even weirder with the stuff it puts in it's
    > U-A header?

    It seems that way. Every incremental bugfix is named a strange &
    funny name. At least I think it is strange & funny.

    See here:

    http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    Ima Beech, Sep 25, 2007
  5. Ima Beech wrote:

    > On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:49:01 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > It seems that way. Every incremental bugfix is named a strange & funny
    > name. At least I think it is strange & funny.

    I think it's dumb. :)

    > See here:
    >
    > http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    See my User-Agent header.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 25, 2007
  6. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Ima Beech wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:49:01 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >>> [quoted text muted]

    >> It seems that way. Every incremental bugfix is named a strange & funny
    >> name. At least I think it is strange & funny.

    > I think it's dumb. :)
    >
    >> See here:
    >>
    >> http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    > See my User-Agent header.

    Like we give a toss.

    --
    Operating systems:
    FreeBSD 6.2, Debian 4.0

    William Poaster, Sep 25, 2007
  7. William Poaster wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Ima Beech wrote:

    >>> It seems that way. Every incremental bugfix is named a strange & funny
    >>> name. At least I think it is strange & funny.

    >> I think it's dumb. :)
    >>
    >>> See here:
    >>>
    >>> http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    >> See my User-Agent header.

    > Like we give a toss.

    I'd be suprised if you speak for everyone. There were two of us talking
    about Pan headers. Why do you have a problem with that? Who would
    complain if you and another Knode user were talking about Knode?
    Lighten up, man. Sheesh.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 25, 2007
  8. Au79

    Ima Beech Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:16:52 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Ima Beech wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:49:01 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >>> [quoted text muted]

    >> It seems that way. Every incremental bugfix is named a strange & funny
    >> name. At least I think it is strange & funny.

    > I think it's dumb. :)
    >
    >> See here:
    >>
    >> http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    > See my User-Agent header.

    I don't care what they name it, as long as it works and it works
    perfectly.
    ;)

    Ima Beech, Sep 26, 2007
  9. It was on, or about, Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:38:35 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> I think it's dumb. :)

    >>> See my User-Agent header.

    >> Like we give a toss.

    > I'd be suprised if you speak for everyone. There were two of us talking
    > about Pan headers. Why do you have a problem with that? Who would
    > complain if you and another Knode user were talking about Knode? Lighten
    > up, man. Sheesh.

    I also use Pan on another machine. You've moaned about the headers before.
    "Lighten up, man. Sheesh."

    William Poaster, Sep 26, 2007
  10. It was on, or about, Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:40:20 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Ima Beech wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:16:52 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Ima Beech wrote:

    >>> It seems that way. Every incremental bugfix is named a strange &
    >>> funny name. At least I think it is strange & funny.

    >> I think it's dumb. :)
    >>
    >>> See here:
    >>>
    >>> http://pan.rebelbase.com/

    >> See my User-Agent header.

    > I don't care what they name it, as long as it works and it works
    > perfectly.
    > ;)

    Of course. :)

    FYI, he's moaned about this before, in another group.

    William Poaster, Sep 26, 2007
  11. Au79

    Ima Beech Guest

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:34:03 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > It was on, or about, Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:40:20 +0000, that as I was
    > halfway through a large jam doughnut, Ima Beech wrote:

    <snip>
    >> I don't care what they name it, as long as it works and it works
    >> perfectly.
    >> ;)

    > Of course. :)
    >
    > FYI, he's moaned about this before, in another group.

    It is his opinion, and while I don't necessarily agree or disagree,
    I'll defend his right to have and state it. It only works for me.
    YMMV.
    ;)

    I am glad to see more or more people using Linux and giving Billy
    Gates competition. I am more glad about the ruling of Europe's
    high court and giving Billy a big blow to his arrogant self. No
    one should make as much money as he has for 30 year old
    architecture.

    Ima Beech, Sep 26, 2007
  12. William Poaster wrote:
    > It was on, or about, Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:38:35 +0000, that as I was
    > halfway through a large jam doughnut, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Like we give a toss.

    >> I'd be suprised if you speak for everyone. There were two of us
    >> talking about Pan headers. Why do you have a problem with that? Who
    >> would complain if you and another Knode user were talking about
    >> Knode? Lighten up, man. Sheesh.

    > I also use Pan on another machine. You've moaned about the headers
    > before. "Lighten up, man. Sheesh."

    I don't know how I became someone who's not allowed to express his
    opinions in here or in other places; I sure wouldn't have signed up for
    that unless I was coerced.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 26, 2007
  13. Ima Beech wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:34:03 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> It was on, or about, Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:40:20 +0000, that as I was
    >> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Ima Beech wrote:

    ><snip>
    >>> I don't care what they name it, as long as it works and it works
    >>> perfectly.
    >>> ;)

    >> Of course. :)
    >>
    >> FYI, he's moaned about this before, in another group.

    > It is his opinion, and while I don't necessarily agree or disagree,
    > I'll defend his right to have and state it. It only works for me.
    > YMMV.
    > ;)

    Thank you. So Usenet *is* for discussion of facts, ideas *and*
    opinions. :)

    > I am glad to see more or more people using Linux and giving Billy
    > Gates competition. I am more glad about the ruling of Europe's
    > high court and giving Billy a big blow to his arrogant self. No
    > one should make as much money as he has for 30 year old
    > architecture.

    On the other hand, it's impossible to really get to the richest guy on
    the planet. :-/

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 26, 2007
  14. Au79

    Ima Beech Guest

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:34:25 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Ima Beech wrote:

    <snip>
    >> It is his opinion, and while I don't necessarily agree or disagree,
    >> I'll defend his right to have and state it. It only works for me.
    >> YMMV.
    >> ;)

    > Thank you. So Usenet *is* for discussion of facts, ideas *and*
    > opinions. :)

    Novel idea, huh?

    >> I am glad to see more or more people using Linux and giving Billy Gates
    >> competition. I am more glad about the ruling of Europe's high court
    >> and giving Billy a big blow to his arrogant self. No one should make
    >> as much money as he has for 30 year old architecture.

    > On the other hand, it's impossible to really get to the richest guy on
    > the planet. :-/

    That just rubs me the wrong way. Ugh!

    Ima Beech, Sep 27, 2007