    have to burn it to a cd,but,I have done that,but,wont boot from that cd.Is
    there anything I am doing wrong?All my hardware is fine,however,I cant get it
    to boot,any suggestions?Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=, Jun 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=

    RonK Guest

    You have to burn the file as an Image onto the cd. You don't just copy it
    onto the cd.
    You also have to set the boot sequence in the bios settings to boot from the
    cd and have the hard drive as the second boot device.

    RonK, Jun 19, 2005

  3. For excellent instructions on how to write an ISO file to a CD correctly, I
    recommend:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Also try to burn at a low speed too, such as 16x.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 19, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=

    Randy Guest

    Some system BIOSes also require changing security settings to allow booting
    from CD ROM (or other optical) drives (or from parallel, serial, USB, or
    network ports, floppy disk drive, etc.).

    Randy, Jun 20, 2005