    Hope to have some advise on ,how to install 2 HDD to my system with 2 OS of
    my choice during startup.1 may configure as a Master while the other Slave.
    THX.

    Sky, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Sky

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Sky" <> wrote in message
    news:dbtonq$lh7$...
    > Hope to have some advise on ,how to install 2 HDD to my system with 2 OS
    > of my choice during startup.1 may configure as a Master while the other
    > Slave.
    > THX.

    If you need a dual boot of Windows, the earlier version of the OS must be
    installed first, then the second OS. If you are adding Linux, it won't
    matter...there are boot managers for that.

    So, if you're doing two Windows, the older must be installed on the existing
    drive. Then you can add the second hard drive and choose that drive during
    the setup for the newer version of Windows.

    If you're doing Linux, you should be able to hook up the drive and tell
    Linux to install to that new drive. Partition as needed - Linux users prefer
    separate OS, swap, and data partitions. (Well, some Windows users do to...)
    I'd suggest you do some extra reading on dual boot setups with Linux (and on
    partition use) before you get started.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2005