    Win 2000, 115 gig hard drive, 512 meg ram.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jo
    Mrs Beeble Brock, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 24/09/2004 18:22:
    > Hi guys, I need to take some space from my d drive and add it to my c
    > drive - am getting blue screen of death and am assuming this is partly
    > related to the fact that I have only 5% of free space on the main c
    > drive. Disk Management doesn't have an option that I can see to change
    > the volume of partitions - any suggestions on how to do this?
    >
    > Win 2000, 115 gig hard drive, 512 meg ram.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    Simple answer dont change it, relocate your swap file to d: drive.
    Control Panel > System >
    Advanced tab >Performance options
    Virtual Memory >Change
    Collector-NZ, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Mrs Beeble Brock

    thing Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    > Hi guys, I need to take some space from my d drive and add it to my c
    > drive - am getting blue screen of death and am assuming this is partly
    > related to the fact that I have only 5% of free space on the main c
    > drive. Disk Management doesn't have an option that I can see to change
    > the volume of partitions - any suggestions on how to do this?
    >
    > Win 2000, 115 gig hard drive, 512 meg ram.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    Windows has a swap file, sounds like that has run out of space, you can
    go into the settings and point it to D: instead then reboot.

    If you still have un-allocted space I would suggest making an E: drive
    and dedicating that to the swap file, around 1 gig is heaps.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Collector-NZ <> wrote in news:2rht4dF1aup1mU1
    @uni-berlin.de:

    > Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 24/09/2004 18:22:
    >> Hi guys, I need to take some space from my d drive and add it to my c
    >> drive - am getting blue screen of death and am assuming this is partly
    >> related to the fact that I have only 5% of free space on the main c
    >> drive. Disk Management doesn't have an option that I can see to change
    >> the volume of partitions - any suggestions on how to do this?
    >>
    >> Win 2000, 115 gig hard drive, 512 meg ram.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Jo

    > Simple answer dont change it, relocate your swap file to d: drive.
    > Control Panel > System >
    > Advanced tab >Performance options
    > Virtual Memory >Change

    And run that Start accessories system tools drive cleanup wizard.
    Free NTFS resize is available on Knoppix. Qtparted works well. Don't
    forget to backup first.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Sep 24, 2004
  5. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:28:42 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    >> Hi guys, I need to take some space from my d drive and add it to my c
    >> drive - am getting blue screen of death and am assuming this is partly
    >> related to the fact that I have only 5% of free space on the main c
    >> drive. Disk Management doesn't have an option that I can see to change
    >> the volume of partitions - any suggestions on how to do this?
    >>
    >> Win 2000, 115 gig hard drive, 512 meg ram.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Jo

    >Windows has a swap file, sounds like that has run out of space, you can
    >go into the settings and point it to D: instead then reboot.
    >
    >If you still have un-allocted space I would suggest making an E: drive
    >and dedicating that to the swap file, around 1 gig is heaps.
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    Also turn off the Hibernate thing, as that can be a 1gig file or more..

    But on my system it keeps tuning itself back on..
    Rosemary rm@===google===.com, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Thanks all - am working through the suggestions and things are improving.

    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Mrs Beeble Brock