    Is there someway to delete all the bookmarks from my True Image backup
    and start afresh by importing the newer bookmarks?

    The bookmarks scheme of Firefox is a horrible mess of bad programming.
    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:
    > I had a crash. I had to recover my latest True Image backup.
    > Unfortunately, that backup was weeks old and didn't have all my newer
    > bookmarks. When I try importing my newer bookmarks from their backup
    > directory, Firefox adds them to the already present ones, duplicating
    > all those that were present in my True Image backup.
    >
    > How can I get around this and import only the newer backup file?
    >
    > Is there someway to delete all the bookmarks from my True Image backup
    > and start afresh by importing the newer bookmarks?
    >
    > The bookmarks scheme of Firefox is a horrible mess of bad programming.

    There is no need to "import" - you simply need to restore the most
    recent bookmark backup file. In your Firefox profile folder is a
    sub-folder called "bookmarkbackups." Go in there, find the most recent
    file, copy it up one level to the main profile folder and let it
    overwrite the one that's there. If it is named something other than
    "bookmarks.html" you need to rename it to that after copying it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jun 13, 2007

  3. In article <>
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    snipped

    > There is no need to "import" - you simply need to restore the most
    > recent bookmark backup file. In your Firefox profile folder is a
    > sub-folder called "bookmarkbackups." Go in there, find the most recent
    > file, copy it up one level to the main profile folder and let it
    > overwrite the one that's there. If it is named something other than
    > "bookmarks.html" you need to rename it to that after copying it.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen

    For some reason that didn't work the first time I tried it. When I
    found an even later backup, it worked.

    My main problem from the start was in using IMPORT.

    Thanks.
    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Miller Guest

    *Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer* wrote on 14.06.07 00:53:
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >> There is no need to "import" - you simply need to restore the most
    >> recent bookmark backup file. In your Firefox profile folder is a
    >> sub-folder called "bookmarkbackups." Go in there, find the most recent
    >> file, copy it up one level to the main profile folder and let it
    >> overwrite the one that's there. If it is named something other than
    >> "bookmarks.html" you need to rename it to that after copying it.

    > For some reason that didn't work the first time I tried it. When I
    > found an even later backup, it worked.
    >
    > My main problem from the start was in using IMPORT.

    So next time don't import but backup.
    The bookmarks scheme of Firefox is as *simple* as that.

    cu, Miller
    Miller, Jun 14, 2007