  1. David Hicks

    David Hicks Guest

    Many thanks
    David Hicks, Mar 25, 2005

  2. David Hicks

    gangle Guest

    "David Hicks" wrote

    > Many thanks

    You're squaimed.
    gangle, Mar 25, 2005

  3. You can find your IP Address by going to

    1. Start > run and then type cmd and hit the return key ( Win XP) or
    type command if you are using other OS. )

    2. On the command prompt type: ipconfig /all and then hit the return
    key, this will list all details regarding your IP Address and a lot
    more.

    --
    Hope this is helpful
    www.bcomptech.com
    www.bcomptech.com, Mar 25, 2005
  4. David Hicks

    yun Guest

    David Hicks wrote:
    > Many thanks

    If you are in linux or Unix environment,you can use ifconfig

    if you are in win32 just using ipconfig
    yun, Mar 25, 2005
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 25, 2005
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 25, 2005
  7. David Hicks

    David Hicks Guest

    I now have my IP Address

    Cheers Guys greatly appreciated.

    BTW what the hell is squaimed.
    Do I need to eat a copy of McAfee to get rid of it,or will Alka Seltza do
    the trick ?

    David
    David Hicks, Mar 25, 2005
  8. David Hicks

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On 25 Mar 2005 01:22:14 -0800, "www.bcomptech.com"
    <> wrote:

    >You can find your IP Address by going to
    >
    >1. Start > run and then type cmd and hit the return key ( Win XP) or
    >type command if you are using other OS. )
    >
    >2. On the command prompt type: ipconfig /all and then hit the return
    >key, this will list all details regarding your IP Address and a lot
    >more.

    In Win9X (95,98,ME) they have winipconfig which is a graphical version
    of ipconfig.

    If you really want, you can probably download winipconfig or ipconfig
    if you don't like the version which came with your O/S. (either
    "pirated" or freeware)

    Also, if your computer is named "joescomputer" then "tracert
    joescomputer" should give you your IP.
    Joel Rubin, Mar 25, 2005
  9. David Hicks

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    127.0.0.1, Mar 25, 2005
  10. David Hicks

    gangle Guest

    Re: I now have my IP Address

    "David Hicks" wrote
    > Cheers Guys greatly appreciated.
    >
    > BTW what the hell is squaimed.
    > Do I need to eat a copy of McAfee to get rid of it,or will Alka Seltza do
    > the trick ?

    When you are squaimed, you can't be changed.
    Don't worry about it. It is not dangerous.
    gangle, Mar 25, 2005
  11. David Hicks

    Dave Kellar Guest

    This way will work if you are behind sometime of router.
    http://www.whatismyip.com/ works if you not behind a router of some type

    Dave Kellar, Mar 26, 2005
  12. David Hicks

    ellis_jay Guest

    www.belarc.com

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Mar 27, 2005
  13. David Hicks

    ellis_jay Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> David Hicks wrote:
    >>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>

    >> http://www.whatsmyip.com/

    > sorry
    >
    > http://whatismyip.com/

    uh, huh. That first link tried to hijack me ho-page. lol

    ellis_jay, Mar 27, 2005
  14. David Hicks

    JANA Guest

    How about:

    Start, and Run. In the Run box, type CMD, or COMMAND (depending on your
    version of Windows), and you should get a box on the screen that is in the
    system Shell. At the prompt, type TRACERT {computer name}.

    For example if your computer name is, Commodore, you would type TRACERT
    Commodore. Your IP address should show.

    Another way to do this is to type for example, IPCONFIG, or WINIPCFG. This
    depends on your operating system. You should see your IP address show. If
    you want to get complicated and see everything associated with your computer
    in the network, you can type IPCONFIG /ALL

    For your interest, here is a list of Net services commands. You can type NET
    /? with no parameter, and you should get some type of help. In the Windows
    help system, there is a lot of information about this. You can learn a lot
    by reading the help system that comes with Windows. There is also a lot of
    free information on the MS site.

    Net accounts
    Net computer
    Net config
    Net continue
    Net file
    Net group
    Net help
    Net helpmsg
    Net localgroup
    Net name
    Net pause
    Net print
    Net send
    Net session
    Net share
    Net start
    Net statistics
    Net stop
    Net time
    Net use
    Net user
    Net view

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 27, 2005
  15. David Hicks

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: I now have my IP Address

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:42:30 -0800, in
    <>
    gangle scrawled:

    >"David Hicks" wrote
    >> Cheers Guys greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> BTW what the hell is squaimed.
    >> Do I need to eat a copy of McAfee to get rid of it,or will Alka Seltza do
    >> the trick ?

    >When you are squaimed, you can't be changed.

    But you're still welcome (to try).

    >Don't worry about it. It is not dangerous.

    Yet....
    °Mike°, Mar 27, 2005
  16. David Hicks

    Millimeter Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:23:54 -0500, "JANA" <> wrote:

    Also try ping computername
    ;-)
    Millimeter.

    Millimeter, Apr 5, 2005
  17. David Hicks

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:42:18 -0400, Millimeter <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:23:54 -0500, "JANA" <> wrote:
    >
    >Also try ping computername

    ipconfig.

    >Millimeter.

    Try millimetre.