    How to prepare for certification?
    Can I write it directly by preparing or I do need to write dummy tests,get
    confidence and go ahead?

    Jitendra is looking for c# certification, Aug 12, 2008

  2. The new certification exams do not test languages - they test the concepts
    behind the languages. When you take an exam involving Visual Studio 2005 or
    2008, the computer asks you what language you want to take the exam in: C#,
    Visual Basic .NET or (for Windows exams only) C++.Net.
    What language you took your exam in is NOT on your transcript.
    If you want to have your transcript show C#, then you will need to take
    either the 70-306, 70-316, or 70-320 exams, but these are for Visual Studio
    2003 (.Net Framework 1.1).
    Hope this helps.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Oct 21, 2008

  3. Hi,

    I recently got certification in 70-316(c#).

    It's very dificult to get through. You need to work hard i.e 12 to 16 hours
    per a day. You have to quit your job and concentrate more.

    I'm telling this from my experience.

    PriyaSekharan, Dec 10, 2008
  4. Hi Priya,

    I want to take the 70-316(C#) exam. Where or how do I take this exam?

    FranciscoPerez, Sep 9, 2009
  5. "FranciscoPerez" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Priya,
    >
    > I want to take the 70-316(C#) exam. Where or how do I take this exam?

    You start here....
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam.aspx

    Where you should discover that you can no longer take the 70-316 (Developing
    and Implementing Windows-Based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET
    and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET) exam (and also note that this was not a C#
    exam, it was a *Windows Development* exam where you could choose which
    language was used for the code samples presented).

    The *current* Windows Application exam (using .NET Framework v2.0) is the
    70-526
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-526&locale=en-us

    and then go here....
    http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/default.htm

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Sep 10, 2009
  6. Jitendra is looking for c# certification

    IC Guest

    Good day All,

    I need help as I am lost & don't know what to do.
    I was planning to do the exam 70-316 & then came accorss this post.

    *current* Windows Application exam (using .NET Framework v2.0) is the 70-526

    I was prepared to start studying for 70-526 but then i was stated that this
    also not a C# Course but a .Net windows development.

    What is the best C# with Microsoft.Net Windows Certificate (Exam) for me to
    do?

    Please help, Regards

    IC, Oct 7, 2009
  7. "IC" <> wrote in message

    > I need help as I am lost & don't know what to do.
    > I was planning to do the exam 70-316 & then came accorss this post.
    >
    > *current* Windows Application exam (using .NET Framework v2.0) is the
    > 70-526

    Correct. The 70-316 was, as were all .NET v1.1 (Visual Studio 2003) exams,
    retired at the end of March, 2009.

    > I was prepared to start studying for 70-526 but then i was stated that
    > this
    > also not a C# Course but a .Net windows development.

    This is also correct. None of the Microsoft developer exams have ever been
    *language* exams; they merely use one of two languages (VB.NET, VC# - and
    sometimes VC++ depending on the topic) to represent code samples used to
    test *concepts*.

    > What is the best C# with Microsoft.Net Windows Certificate (Exam) for me
    > to do?

    The MCTS: Windows Developer on .NET v2.0 is *the* cert -- requires exams
    70-536 and 70-526.
    Add the 70-505 for the MCTS: Windows Developer on .NET v3.5

    Add the 70-548 for the MCITP: Windows Developer on .NET v2.0
    or the 70-563 for the MCITP: Windows Developer on .NET v3.5

    Regarldess of where you're headed.. the Starting Point is actually the
    70-536 Application Development Foundations exam, which is one of two exams
    required to earn an MCTS: Developer certification (in any of the half dozen
    available specialities).

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 9, 2009
  8. Jitendra is looking for c# certification

    2photons Guest

    This does take the place of a Microsoft Certification, but if you want to
    demonstrate knowledge in a language, you can check out Brainbench.com. I
    would recommend a subscription if you do that so you can take tests in
    multiple technologies and take the same test multiple times if you need to.
    It is not free - $100 for a 3 month subscription, $200 for a full year.

    The U.S. gov't and the trading sector here in downtown Chicago use rely on
    these tests. I've taken them in C++ and Perl and will do SQL.

    2photons, Oct 16, 2009
  9. Jitendra is looking for c# certification

    k Guest

    Hi all!

    Recently i and my friends have passed the 70-526 exam. We can access the
    member site (MCP site) and we can also view/share our transcript.

    But still now we can't able to download our certificate...

    So please tell us how to download our certificate...

    k, Jan 16, 2010