    stand alone DVD. Can someone give me some guidance? I have Sonic DVD
    burner software if that helps. Thanks for some help!!
    BAM

    breeze and me, Sep 7, 2006

  2. breeze and me

    sittingduck Guest

    BAM wrote:

    > I received these large files and extracted them. They extracted as large
    > VOB files with some BUP and IFO extensions. I understand that they are
    > DVD files and to be played with DVD software. But I am exhausted trying
    > to figure out how to play the files from my hard drive or save them as a
    > stand alone DVD. Can someone give me some guidance? I have Sonic DVD
    > burner software if that helps. Thanks for some help!!

    VOB files are the actual audio and video files for the movie. The IFO files
    are basically menu and other info that your player uses. BUP is subtitles (I
    think).
    Most players will simply play the vob directly, or play the whole movie from
    the IFO. With PowerDVD, you select "open dvd file on hard disc drive".
    If you want to burn the whole works to a disc, simply create a data project,
    and burn all the vob/ifo, etc in a VIDEO_TS folder. Also include an AUDIO_TS
    folder, some players will look for it. (leave it empty)

    sittingduck, Sep 7, 2006

  3. breeze and me

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 05:32:30 +0000, breeze and me Has Frothed:

    > I received these large files and extracted them. They extracted as large
    > VOB files with some BUP and IFO extensions. I understand that they are
    > DVD files and to be played with DVD software. But I am exhausted trying
    > to figure out how to play the files from my hard drive or save them as a
    > stand alone DVD. Can someone give me some guidance? I have Sonic DVD
    > burner software if that helps. Thanks for some help!! BAM

    Any PC DVD player will play the VOB. You just have to figure out how to
    point your player to the location of the file(s). Same goes for your DVD
    burner software.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 7, 2006
  4. breeze and me

    Fat Slag Guest

    "breeze and me" <> wrote in message
    >I received these large files and extracted them. They extracted as large
    > VOB files with some BUP and IFO extensions. I understand that they are
    > DVD files and to be played with DVD software. But I am exhausted trying
    > to figure out how to play the files from my hard drive or save them as a
    > stand alone DVD. Can someone give me some guidance? I have Sonic DVD
    > burner software if that helps. Thanks for some help!!
    > BAM

    Your PC requires a dvd decoder, this is usually preinstalled on most
    PC's as a package as either part of PowerDVD or WinDVD, if you
    are without:
    http://downloads.vnunet.com/download/dvd/powerdvd/_34.html

    Fat Slag, Sep 8, 2006