    Please share any good resource that speaks about rechargeable nimh
    batteries.

    Thanks.
    carty1_1, Jan 25, 2005

  2. carty1_1

    Freedom55 Guest

    carty1_1 wrote:
    > When my digital camera is not in use, should I take out the
    >
    > batteries?
    >
    > I have an extra set of rechargeable batteries, how
    >
    > should I take care of this?
    >
    > Should I completely discharge my batteries before I recharge them? What
    > are its pros and cons?
    >
    > Please share any good resource that speaks about rechargeable nimh
    > batteries.
    >
    > Thanks.

    http://www.thomas-distributing.com/techfacts.htm

    Enjoy!

    Ron
    Freedom55, Jan 25, 2005

  3. carty1_1

    Harvey Guest

    "carty1_1" <> wrote in message
    > When my digital camera is not in use, should I take out the
    >
    > batteries?
    >
    > I have an extra set of rechargeable batteries, how
    >
    > should I take care of this?
    >
    > Should I completely discharge my batteries before I recharge them? What
    > are its pros and cons?
    >
    > Please share any good resource that speaks about rechargeable nimh
    > batteries.
    >
    > Thanks.

    If you are not going to use them for six months or more then take them out.
    You do not need to discharge before recharge. The Ni-MH will lose 1% per
    day so if not used for a month or so it is a good idea to recharge them
    before use so as to get enough shots.
    Harvey, Jan 26, 2005
  4. carty1_1

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Harvey wrote:
    > "carty1_1" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>When my digital camera is not in use, should I take out the
    >>
    >>batteries?
    >>
    >>I have an extra set of rechargeable batteries, how
    >>
    >>should I take care of this?
    >>
    >>Should I completely discharge my batteries before I recharge them? What
    >>are its pros and cons?
    >>
    >>Please share any good resource that speaks about rechargeable nimh
    >>batteries.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > If you are not going to use them for six months or more then take them out.
    > You do not need to discharge before recharge. The Ni-MH will lose 1% per
    > day so if not used for a month or so it is a good idea to recharge them
    > before use so as to get enough shots.

    I don't remove the batteries from my camera, but then I can't imagine
    not using it for 6 months. I do keep it in its dock so that it always
    charged, but an earlier camera without a dock, I just charged the
    batteries before a planned photo session, and have spare sets, and a
    lithium battery as backup.
    If your camera can use a disposable lithium battery, they make the
    perfect battery for your use. Even though they cost almost $10 each,
    they will make about 300 photos per battery (assuming you use a camera
    with 2 AA batteries), and $.03 per shot isn't bad for the convenience.
    The shelf life of a lithium battery is about 10 years, so they are
    always ready to go.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Jan 26, 2005