how to grab that photo........ ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LoJack, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. LoJack

    LoJack Guest

    LoJack, Apr 25, 2004

  2. LoJack

    Matalog Guest

    Print Screen When The Photo Is Big ( after you have clicked on it ) . If the
    thumbnail is big enough just print screen on the thumbnails page and crop
    the screen photo.

    Matalog, Apr 25, 2004

  3. LoJack

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "LoJack"

    >I found pritty nice site with business photos. Now I'm working on a banner
    >and tere is a photo I could use to my banner......
    >Anyone of you know how to grab any of those photos?

    The ethical way is to email the site owner and ask permission, or ask how much
    they would charge if you used a couple of the shots.

    The unethical way ... well, I can think of three ways to steal them but you'll
    have to figure it out yourself :)

    Bill Hilton, Apr 25, 2004
  4. "LoJack" <> wrote in

    > I found pritty nice site with business photos. Now I'm working on a
    > banner and tere is a photo I could use to my banner......
    > Anyone of you know how to grab any of those photos?

    As you are aware of, I assume, is that whether you
    can copy and use that photo not is a pure technical
    issue; it is also a legal issue.

    Although it is (IMHO) perfectly fine to copy whatever
    you see for your own amusement (although this is also doubtful
    legally), it is an entirely different story if you want to
    use what you copy as your own.

    If I were you, I would ask the company that owns the site
    if you can use that photo, with or without paying anything.
    The site looks rather professional, so probably you can't.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Apr 25, 2004
  5. LoJack

    Frank ess Guest

    LoJack wrote:
    > hello,
    > I found pritty nice site with business photos. Now I'm working on a
    > banner and tere is a photo I could use to my banner......
    > Anyone of you know how to grab any of those photos?
    > The site is:
    >
    > http://www.exegroup.beep.pl/galeria/biznes/ikonki/index.htm
    >
    > bye,
    > Jack

    I found a pritty nice store that sells a camera I would like to use. The
    way to grab it was: exchange my money for their camera,

    The site you mention is in the business of selling the product you want
    to grab.

    Either you are a troll, or you are a shill for the site. In either case,
    reprehensible.

    Begone.

    --
    Frank ess

    Forecasting is difficult. Particularly about the Future.
    —Deepak Gupta

    Frank ess, Apr 25, 2004
  6. LoJack

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    "LoJack" <> wrote in message

    > hello,
    > I found pritty nice site with business photos. Now I'm working on a banner
    > and tere is a photo I could use to my banner......
    > Anyone of you know how to grab any of those photos?
    > The site is:
    >
    > http://www.exegroup.beep.pl/galeria/biznes/ikonki/index.htm

    It's very easy. Send an e-mail to Marlena Zagajewska, ask her how much to
    buy her image. Anything else is theft, and copyright infringement.

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 25, 2004
  7. LoJack

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 25, 2004
  8. LoJack

    Pebble Guest

    Hi Jack,
    As I believe that "all's fair in love, war and internet use" I'll tell ya.
    Open windows explorer, go to windows/temporary internet files/find the internet address and hey presto, all the images that you've seen in your browser are there. Right click, drag to your desktop (can drag to any folder, but desktop is easy) release, option to 'copy here' Rename and it's yours. Don't move, or open images whilst looking in the windows/temp.internnet files folder, but 'copy here' only.
    --
    * * Pebble in Boulder * *

    Pebble, Apr 26, 2004
  9. LoJack <> wrote in message

    > hello,
    > I found pritty nice site with business photos. Now I'm working on a banner
    > and tere is a photo I could use to my banner......
    > Anyone of you know how to grab any of those photos?
    > The site is:
    >
    > http://www.exegroup.beep.pl/galeria/biznes/ikonki/index.htm
    >
    > bye,
    > Jack

    I think that's illegal and that you should ask the girl her permission to
    use the pictures.

    That's why she wouldn't let you copy them in the first place!

    Just my 2 cents...

    FDKS

    Fedman Kassad, Apr 26, 2004
  10. LoJack

    Matt Guest

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:55:09 GMT, "~ Darrell ~" <> wrote:

    >"LoJack" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> hello,
    >> I found pritty nice site with business photos. Now I'm working on a banner
    >> and tere is a photo I could use to my banner......
    >> Anyone of you know how to grab any of those photos?
    >> The site is:
    >>
    >> http://www.exegroup.beep.pl/galeria/biznes/ikonki/index.htm
    >>

    >It's very easy. Send an e-mail to Marlena Zagajewska, ask her how much to
    >buy her image. Anything else is theft, and copyright infringement.

    Alternatively, since they are just technically well executed
    photographs of office hardware, why not pose the same or similar
    objects yourself?

    That, actually, is a whole new can of worms, though I don't see any
    significant artistic merit in the placement of the objects ... I uses
    a very similar perspective to 5 down, left, with a 2N3055 power
    transistor placed on a circuit board with rows of components into the
    distance.

    --
    I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
    http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

    If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!

    Matt, Apr 27, 2004