    --
    Usando o revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/mail/

    Kim, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Kim

    Bratboy Guest

    "Kim" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.s20mwymfffyhwr@charles...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just rent a DVD, and I would like to grab it, encode it as MPEG. But the
    > DVD has optional subtitles and different language, so I'd like to select
    > the German language and Dutch sub-titles.
    > How could I do it?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kim
    >
    > --
    > Usando o revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    > http://www.opera.com/mail/

    Well, you can use an app like DVDShrink to rip it to your HD with only the
    Audio/Subtitles you want. You can even go into reauthor mode and do only the
    movie if you dont want menu's and junk. That way you have any Copyprotection
    removed and just the movie to work with. From there you can use whichever
    program your comfortable with to change it to mpg. If you have nero I
    believe it can do it via recode program and there are many others out there
    as well some free some cost. Maybe someone else will have a better
    suggestion. With the cost of SL Blank DVD's I actually stopped makeing DivX
    and such as shrink does, at least for me, exceptionally well.

    Bratboy, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Kim

    kaydigi Guest

    "Kim" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.s20mwymfffyhwr@charles...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just rent a DVD, and I would like to grab it, encode it as MPEG. But the
    > DVD has optional subtitles and different language, so I'd like to select
    > the German language and Dutch sub-titles.
    > How could I do it?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kim

    You do not own your rentals.

    kaydigi, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Kim

    Biz Guest

    Its a rental, you dont do that with rentals....

    Biz, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Kim

    Bratboy Guest

    Didn't see you using a rental disc <naughty naughty>

    Bratboy, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:24:42 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> wrote:

    >Well, you can use an app like DVDShrink to rip it to your HD with only the
    >Audio/Subtitles you want. You can even go into reauthor mode and do only the
    >movie if you dont want menu's and junk. That way you have any Copyprotection
    >removed and just the movie to work with.

    I have done that and subtitles are preserved.

    >From there you can use whichever
    >program you're(sic) comfortable with to change it to mpg.

    For many of the simpler authoring tools, subtitles are not preserved
    when making MPGs.

    --

    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer.

    Bob, Jan 7, 2006
  7. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:27:00 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    >Its a rental, you dont do that with rentals....

    Would you ninnies just give it a big fucking rest.

    Bob, Jan 7, 2006
  8. Kim

    Kim Guest

    Em Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:24:42 -0200, Bratboy
    <> escreveu:

    > Well, you can use an app like DVDShrink to rip it to your HD with only

    Thank you. I actually found Easy DVD Rip on Shareaza, and this did the
    trick ;)

    Kim.

    Kim, Jan 7, 2006
  9. Kim

    Justin Guest

    Bob wrote on [Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:08:44 GMT]:
    > On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:27:00 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Its a rental, you dont do that with rentals....

    > Would you ninnies just give it a big fucking rest.

    Would you thieves just give it a big fucking rest?

    Justin, Jan 7, 2006
  10. Kim

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:27:00 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Its a rental, you dont do that with rentals....

    > Would you ninnies just give it a big fucking rest.

    Many of us are against this thievery for personal ethical
    reasons. But even if this doesn't bother you, you should
    be against it for the practical reason that it justifies all the
    annoying copy protection that gets proposed and
    implemented.

    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Jan 13, 2006
  11. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:05:25 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >>>Its a rental, you dont do that with rentals....

    >> Would you ninnies just give it a big fucking rest.

    > Many of us are against this thievery for personal ethical
    >reasons.

    You are entitled to your ethics but you do not have to beat us over
    the head with it. Once is enough.

    >But even if this doesn't bother you,

    Unauthorized copying a DVD for individual use is not unethical.
    Unauthorized copying a DVD for profit is.

    > you should
    >be against it for the practical reason that it justifies all the
    >annoying copy protection that gets proposed and
    >implemented.

    That does not bother me.

    When Napster was running, CD sales went up 30%. Why?

    Borland climbed from obscurity to notoriety by letting college kids
    have Turbo compilers free. Why?

    Free copies are a powerful marketing tool, that's why. But lawyers do
    not make any money from it, so they have to concoct all this anti-copy
    crap to make any money.

    +++
    "Did you really think we want those laws observed? We want them to be
    broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy
    scouts you're up against. We're after power and we mean it."

    "There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government
    has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't
    enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a
    crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking
    laws."

    "Who wants a nation of law abiding citizens? What's there in that for
    anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed
    nor enforced or objectively interpreted and you create a nation of
    law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system,
    that's the game and once you understand it you'll be much easier to
    deal with."

    --Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"
    +++

    --

    Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act:

    "Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to
    originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are
    transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without
    disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or
    harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined
    under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

    Bob, Jan 13, 2006
  12. Kim

    Bratboy Guest

    I'll admit I've made a "few" copies of movies I didnt own.....BUT at some
    point I usually do buy a real copy of the same. For eample had a burn of
    Airplane but then last week bought the disc, even tho had a copy, so tossed
    the burn. Its just the way I am I guess. Then there are movies I own Ive
    made burns of Just so I didnt have to be forced to sit thru all the dang
    trailers and crap some dvd makers feel you need/must see EVERY darn time you
    put the disc in a player, hehe

    Bratboy, Jan 13, 2006
  13. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:44:24 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> wrote:

    >I'll admit I've made a "few" copies of movies I didnt own.....BUT at some
    >point I usually do buy a real copy of the same. For eample had a burn of
    >Airplane but then last week bought the disc, even tho had a copy, so tossed
    >the burn. Its just the way I am I guess. Then there are movies I own Ive
    >made burns of Just so I didnt have to be forced to sit thru all the dang
    >trailers and crap some dvd makers feel you need/must see EVERY darn time you
    >put the disc in a player, hehe

    The incredible growth of the entire DVD industry, including DVD sales,
    is being fueled by copying.

    Bob, Jan 13, 2006
  14. Kim

    Justin Guest

    Bob wrote on [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:54:38 GMT]:
    > On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:44:24 -0700, "Bratboy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'll admit I've made a "few" copies of movies I didnt own.....BUT at some
    >>point I usually do buy a real copy of the same. For eample had a burn of
    >>Airplane but then last week bought the disc, even tho had a copy, so tossed
    >>the burn. Its just the way I am I guess. Then there are movies I own Ive
    >>made burns of Just so I didnt have to be forced to sit thru all the dang
    >>trailers and crap some dvd makers feel you need/must see EVERY darn time you
    >>put the disc in a player, hehe

    > The incredible growth of the entire DVD industry, including DVD sales,
    > is being fueled by copying.

    Bullshit.

    Justin, Jan 13, 2006
  15. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:59:28 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >>>I'll admit I've made a "few" copies of movies I didnt own.....BUT at some
    >>>point I usually do buy a real copy of the same. For eample had a burn of
    >>>Airplane but then last week bought the disc, even tho had a copy, so tossed
    >>>the burn. Its just the way I am I guess. Then there are movies I own Ive
    >>>made burns of Just so I didnt have to be forced to sit thru all the dang
    >>>trailers and crap some dvd makers feel you need/must see EVERY darn time you
    >>>put the disc in a player, hehe

    >> The incredible growth of the entire DVD industry, including DVD sales,
    >> is being fueled by copying.

    >Bullshit.

    Such a considered response. May we quote you...

    Bob, Jan 13, 2006
  16. Kim

    Justin Guest

    Bob wrote on [Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:10:26 GMT]:

    >>> The incredible growth of the entire DVD industry, including DVD sales,
    >>> is being fueled by copying.

    >>Bullshit.

    > Such a considered response. May we quote you...

    Go right ahead. It's just as considered as your post, only more
    succinct.

    Justin, Jan 13, 2006
  17. Kim

    Axel VK Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message

    >>> Would you ninnies just give it a big fucking rest.

    >> Many of us are against this thievery for personal ethical
    >>reasons.

    > You are entitled to your ethics but you do not have to beat us over
    > the head with it. Once is enough.
    >
    >>But even if this doesn't bother you,

    > Unauthorized copying a DVD for individual use is not unethical.

    Its still illegal, bob. Are you a thief as well as stupid?

    Axel VK, Jan 14, 2006
  18. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:25:44 +1100, "Axel VK" <>
    wrote:

    >> Unauthorized copying a DVD for individual use is not unethical.

    >Its still illegal

    Prove it. Show us the explicit law which makes it illegal.

    But first be sure to define the precise circumstances underlying this
    "unauthorized" copying for individual use.

    Be sure to consult all case law on this matter and all appeals.

    Bob, Jan 14, 2006
  19. Kim

    Axel VK Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:25:44 +1100, "Axel VK" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Unauthorized copying a DVD for individual use is not unethical.

    >>Its still illegal

    > Prove it. Show us the explicit law which makes it illegal.

    What???? You want me to go to a library and get a book and send it to you???

    Not on your fucking nelly, boy!!!!! You do your own fuckinbg research!!!
    In the meantime, you'll just have to believe me and millions of others who
    KNOW that it is illegal.

    Axel VK, Jan 14, 2006
  20. Kim

    Bob Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:44:13 +1100, "Axel VK" <>
    wrote:

    >>>Its still illegal

    >> Prove it. Show us the explicit law which makes it illegal.

    >What???? You want me to go to a library and get a book and send it to you???

    We will take that to mean you are not able to prove your claim.

    >Not on your fucking nelly, boy!!!!! You do your own fuckinbg research!!!
    >In the meantime, you'll just have to believe me and millions of others who
    >KNOW that it is illegal.

    You and millions of others think Lincoln freed the slaves too, but you
    are wrong on both counts.

    If you did your homework you would find that this whole matter is up
    in the air because, among other things, the court tests that are going
    to take years to resolve.

    Making copies for personal use is not illegal. Distributing those
    copies is illegal.

    --

    "For most people the meaning and purpose of life is to
    serve as a warning to others of impending disaster."

    Bob, Jan 15, 2006