    their wireless cards on and off? We do not have a wireless network.

    Thanks,

    Dean

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhbg==?=, Oct 17, 2005

  2. "Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want my laptop users to be able to turn their wireless cards on and off
    > while they are on the road. I want to leave them as a restricted user.
    > How
    > can I do this? Is their some registry hack I can do to give rights to
    > turn
    > their wireless cards on and off? We do not have a wireless network.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dean

    This is one reason I prefer USB NICs on a non Wi-Fi laptop.

    The answer is usually relatively simple and doesn't require a hack. Most
    laptops have a simple slider switch which turns it on or off and other have
    something like Function-F2 or similar that toggles on or off. Inspect each
    laptop and see what is on each one. It may be that simple for you.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 17, 2005