    I keep seeing the message that a network cable is unplugged. But everything
    on my pc that needs to be plugged in - is plugged in. And - again - my
    wireless connectivity seems to be working well.
    =?Utf-8?B?am95YnlncmFjZQ==?=, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Try turning off the firewall
    Set all of them the same workgroup/domain
    Install/enable "File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks"

    I do have the same experience with the error of "Network cable unplugged".
    I install another network card into the pc and the problem seems solved even
    this is not a good idea.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Nov 4, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?am95YnlncmFjZQ==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    You can find a set of Wireless Cable/DSL Router and Wireless Client card
    starting at less than $30 (Sale rebate etc.).
    You connect one computer to the Router with a Wire the laptop with Wireless
    configure and enjoy.
    The following pages might help you in your voyage.
    Connection Diagram With Cable/DSL Router:
    http://www.ezlan.net/~network/router.jpg
    Installing Network: http://www.ezlan.net/installing.html
    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
    Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Cable/DSL Internet authentication (password). -
    http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 4, 2004
  4. I have the same problem but can access the laptop from the main computer but
    not vice a versa. Says I do not have permission but I thought I checked all
    of the settings but I must have missed something.

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJheWU=?=, Nov 6, 2004