    please help me how can I get it?
    it took me a lot of time but I do not have any results.
    thanks all of You
    aladin07, Aug 13, 2004

  2. aladin07

    Steve B Guest

    Velvia action? I've got a Velvia script for Paint Shop Pro that gives these
    bold colours without messing up things like skin tones, so I expect there are
    similar actions for Photoshop.

    Steve B, Aug 13, 2004

  3. In article <cfi9ju$r91$>, aladin07
    <> writes
    >hi
    >
    >at the bigining forgive me my english
    >
    >I would like to ask how can I get this kind of colors ( like on this photo
    >below )
    >http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0052.jpg
    >I know that this colors are a little not natural but I like it
    >I tried to do it in many ways using some photoshop actions, setting
    >different saturation
    >contrast, brightness and also using different RAW converters but I still do
    >have this
    >type of colors.
    >please help me how can I get it?
    >it took me a lot of time but I do not have any results.
    >thanks all of You

    Looks fairly normal to me - a nice bright day and a good contrasty lens.
    In what way do your normal efforts fail to match this?

    David
    --
    David Littlewood
    David Littlewood, Aug 13, 2004
  4. aladin07

    aladin07 Guest

    U¿ytkownik "Steve B" <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > Velvia action? I've got a Velvia script for Paint Shop Pro that gives

    these
    > bold colours without messing up things like skin tones, so I expect there

    are
    > similar actions for Photoshop.

    hmm
    I tried to use Velvia action but it still not this what I expect
    so I do know what it could be.
    aladin07, Aug 13, 2004
  5. aladin07

    John Bean Guest

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:44:40 +0200, aladin07 wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > at the bigining forgive me my english
    >
    > I would like to ask how can I get this kind of colors ( like on this photo
    > below )
    > http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0052.jpg
    > I know that this colors are a little not natural but I like it
    > I tried to do it in many ways using some photoshop actions, setting
    > different saturation
    > contrast, brightness and also using different RAW converters but I still do
    > have this
    > type of colors.
    > please help me how can I get it?
    > it took me a lot of time but I do not have any results.
    > thanks all of You

    I suspect that this picture was taken with a Sigma SD9/10. The Foveon sensor
    produces the same "look" as this.

    --
    John Bean

    Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)
    John Bean, Aug 13, 2004
  6. aladin07

    aladin07 Guest

    hi David

    I know that they are not correct and natural
    this photography was made using D100
    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/kormoran04/img0100.jpg
    when I do exactly the same picture ( usind 10D ) as author of this photo
    the colors were diffrent. my was a little bit warmer but I think that is not
    all.
    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/jacek_mazur/kormoran04/img0007.jpg
    for example look at the grass color on the left side :) ( I not saying
    about the sharpness )
    there something more about this but I do not know what and I am sure
    that it does not matter that those are diffrent cameras.
    when I saw other photos made by D100 theirs colors were pretty close to my.
    so I think it dippends on the digital darkroom:) but I do not know what to
    do
    to get this kind of effect.
    look at this gallery and I think that You will say that the colors are
    starnge :)
    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/galeria.php?id=1092207971

    for example for me when I am looking at this photo
    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0003.jpg
    I can say that it is cold but the saturation is quite high - if it is
    possible in the same time :)
    I think that if I would do it it would be much grayer in the same conditions
    and the same
    exposition

    may be You can explain it to me

    aladin07, Aug 13, 2004
  7. aladin07

    aladin07 Guest

    no all of them are made by D100 - I know that author
    aladin07, Aug 13, 2004
  8. aladin07

    John Bean Guest

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:18:13 +0200, aladin07 wrote:

    > no all of them are made by D100 - I know that author

    Then ask him how he does it :)

    --
    John Bean

    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home (Ken
    Olsen, DEC, 1977)
    John Bean, Aug 13, 2004
  9. aladin07

    aladin07 Guest

    he will not tell me :)
    that is way I am asking You :)
    aladin07, Aug 13, 2004
  10. aladin07

    Mxsmanic Guest

    aladin07 writes:

    > I would like to ask how can I get this kind of colors ( like on this photo
    > below )
    > http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0052.jpg
    > I know that this colors are a little not natural but I like it
    > I tried to do it in many ways using some photoshop actions, setting
    > different saturation
    > contrast, brightness and also using different RAW converters but I still do
    > have this
    > type of colors.
    > please help me how can I get it?

    You get nice colors by taking care when you shoot the photo, not by
    trying to fix things in Photoshop later.

    Mxsmanic, Aug 13, 2004
  11. aladin07

    Mxsmanic Guest

    aladin07 writes:

    > I tried to use Velvia action but it still not this what I expect
    > so I do know what it could be.

    You get Velvia colors by shooting Velvia.

    Mxsmanic, Aug 13, 2004
  12. aladin07

    Mxsmanic Guest

    aladin07 writes:

    > there something more about this but I do not know what and I am sure
    > that it does not matter that those are diffrent cameras.

    In digital, it matters a lot, since the image capture device is built
    permanently into the camera. Image characteristics can differ
    dramatically from one camera to the next, even in identical shooting
    conditions with identical light and lenses.

    With film, only the lens really matters, assuming that the same film is
    used (obviously, if you change films, you have the same variability
    you'd see with different digital bodies).

    Mxsmanic, Aug 13, 2004
  13. In article <cfieur$q31$>, aladin07
    <> writes
    >hi David
    >
    >I know that they are not correct and natural
    >this photography was made using D100
    >http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/kormoran04/img0100.jpg
    >when I do exactly the same picture ( usind 10D ) as author of this photo
    >the colors were diffrent. my was a little bit warmer but I think that is not
    >all.
    >http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/jacek_mazur/kormoran04/img0007.jpg
    >for example look at the grass color on the left side :) ( I not saying
    >about the sharpness )
    >there something more about this but I do not know what and I am sure
    >that it does not matter that those are diffrent cameras.
    >when I saw other photos made by D100 theirs colors were pretty close to my.
    >so I think it dippends on the digital darkroom:) but I do not know what to
    >do
    >to get this kind of effect.
    >look at this gallery and I think that You will say that the colors are
    >starnge :)
    >http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/galeria.php?id=1092207971
    >
    >for example for me when I am looking at this photo
    >http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0003.jpg
    >I can say that it is cold but the saturation is quite high - if it is
    >possible in the same time :)
    >I think that if I would do it it would be much grayer in the same conditions
    >and the same
    >exposition
    >
    >may be You can explain it to me

    OK, I gave it my best shot (OK, my best shot in 2 minutes) and the
    first-mentioned mazur shot (yours?) now looks more closely like the
    second (kalamus) shot you are trying to reproduce. I used Image ->
    Adjustments -> Colour Balance; select shadows, move slider 40 -> green;
    select highlights -> 30 magenta (to get the car back to near-neutrality.

    It now looks a lot closer to kalamus. You can tweak the levels a bit to
    darken the shadows if you like to get closer, but it was the colours I
    think you were concerned about.

    If that's your real e-mail address I'll send you a copy of the result,
    if you wish.

    David
    --
    David Littlewood
    David Littlewood, Aug 13, 2004
  14. aladin07

    rubens Guest

    > If that's your real e-mail address I'll send you a copy of the result,
    > if you wish.

    yes there is my email and I wish :) to get it
    thank You very much
    rubens, Aug 13, 2004
  15. In article <cfj8nl$m73$>, rubens <>
    writes

    >> If that's your real e-mail address I'll send you a copy of the result,
    >> if you wish.
    >>

    >yes there is my email and I wish :) to get it
    >thank You very much

    OK, sent by e-mail.

    You may also like to try Image -> Adjust -> Hue/Saturation -> increase
    saturation to taste.

    David
    --
    David Littlewood
    David Littlewood, Aug 13, 2004
  16. "aladin07" <> wrote in

    The major difference between your friends pictures and your
    own is the actual subject. On your pictures there is plain
    wood and rather "uninteresting" people. Your friend's photos
    are better mainly because he has a better eye (maybe he is
    more experienced?) for the photo.

    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/galeria.php?id=1092207971

    If you look at img009 it is a bright yellow car and a
    nice charcoal grey road.

    If you look at img005 you see the same kind of trick. It is
    a bright red car and an almost totally grey background.

    img003 that you liked is built from four colors - yellow,
    blue, grey (again) and green. Look at the grass - it is
    yellow - just like the car and the flowers in the foreground.

    img0016 is also grey, yellow, blue and green.

    I like img0012. The car is a real contrast to the fantastic
    scenery. Totally unexpected.

    So - maybe he does something to increase the saturation. But -
    the main difference starts when taking the photo IMHO.

    /Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Aug 13, 2004
  17. "aladin07" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > at the bigining forgive me my english
    >
    > I would like to ask how can I get this kind of colors ( like on this photo
    > below )
    > http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0052.jpg
    > I know that this colors are a little not natural but I like it
    > I tried to do it in many ways using some photoshop actions, setting
    > different saturation
    > contrast, brightness and also using different RAW converters but I still

    do
    > have this
    > type of colors.
    > please help me how can I get it?
    > it took me a lot of time but I do not have any results.
    > thanks all of You

    You have missed the most important piece of information - what lens do you
    use, and what lens does the other guy use. Lenses are what it comes down to
    when we start talking about colors. The accurate color reproduction, good
    contrast, depth of field and sharpness are all mostly dependant on the lens.
    If your friend is using some high quality glass, and you're shooting with
    your el cheapo Tamron or Sigma or whatever, it comes as no surprise he's got
    punchier images and you end up with washed and dull photos.

    Also, with digital cameras you can tweak a whole bunch of options in camera.
    You can make higher contrast, you can bump up the saturation, you can adjust
    the color tone, you can shoot in Adobe RGB (this is very good for capturing
    exactle these bright colors we see here), you can make manual white balance,
    etc. And then of course there's photoshop - using it properly and knowing
    it's capabilities is as important as knowing your way in the film lab.

    So, if you're stuck with crappy lens, then you'll have to learn the get what
    you want by adjusting sliders and clicking icons. But, if you want to do it
    the right way, just buy better glass.

    --
    ------------------------------
    online photo portfolio

    " If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the
    event, what film would you use?"
    - Anonymous
    Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK, Aug 14, 2004
  18. Hi,

    We develop software for color correction using colors from other
    photos. Sounds like it solves exactly the same problem you have.
    However, I played with your image and found it rather difficult to
    correct.

    If you want to see the software - it is here:
    http://www.colorpilot.com/pilot.html

    I got a relative good (but still not perfect result) when I took color
    of the trees on the background from this photo:
    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/kormoran04/img0100.jpg

    and then told the program that the color of the trees on this photo:
    http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/jacek_mazur/kormoran04/img0007.jpg
    should be the same as on the first one.

    Natalia
    Natalia Blomeier, Aug 16, 2004
  19. aladin07

    Dave Guest

    "aladin07" <> wrote in message news:<cfi9ju$r91$>...
    > hi
    >
    > at the bigining forgive me my english
    >
    > I would like to ask how can I get this kind of colors ( like on this photo
    > below )
    > http://www.autoklub.pl/fotogalerie/dominik_kalamus/madera04/img0052.jpg
    > I know that this colors are a little not natural but I like it
    > I tried to do it in many ways using some photoshop actions, setting
    > different saturation
    > contrast, brightness and also using different RAW converters but I still do
    > have this
    > type of colors.
    > please help me how can I get it?
    > it took me a lot of time but I do not have any results.
    > thanks all of You

    Your English is fine.

    The photo in question just looks like they bumped up the saturation
    (Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation). They also had a nice, flat
    lighting and a boldly colored subject to begin with. Both of those
    help a lot.

    Dave

    ---
    View my photo gear on eBay: