How to get the IP address of devices having the same name in network????

Discussion in 'Software' started by Manikandan, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. Manikandan

    Manikandan

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Hai,
    Is there is any option to get the list of IP address of all the devices having the same name in the network Using python or other language......

    (e.g) I have two devices having same name "Terminal - 1" but with different IP address. I wants to get the ip address of both the devices. I tried with

    >>>socket.gethostbyname_ex('Terminal-1') #it gives
    >>>('TR-Terminal-1.scmmicro.co.in', [], ['10.151.50.78'])
    >>>socket.gethostbyname('Terminal-1')
    >>>'10.151.50.78'

    But I have another device with ip address 10.151.50.43 how can I get both at a time with single command.......

    I know giving same name for two devices will produce conflict. But during manufacture they manufacture with same name. I am in such that situation........

    Give me a sugession please.........

    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
    Manikandan, Feb 1, 2008