How to get rid of the dreaded SE.DLL trojan (or whatever it is)...??????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimmy Dean, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Using WinXP Pro

    The problem manifests itself with a hijacked Internet Explorer 6 start
    page, and, when IE6 is started, one gets a message re "Access blocked
    to se.dll" from one's antivirus program. i.e. se.dll is only a symptom

    se.dll is found somewhere in Docs and Settings\[name]\local
    settings\...

    I have tried Ad-Aware 1.06, SpyBot 1.4, Norton AntiVirus 2004, AVG7,
    XoftSpy 4.16, CWS Shredder 2.15 - Safe Mode or normal Windows.

    Using ZoneAlarm to block further Net infections.

    Looking for a program which is effective in removing this threat,
    rather than a 50 step process (have found a couple fo the latter).

    Your help greatly appreciated

    tia

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    ellis_jay Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > Using WinXP Pro
    >
    > The problem manifests itself with a hijacked Internet Explorer 6 start
    > page, and, when IE6 is started, one gets a message re "Access blocked
    > to se.dll" from one's antivirus program. i.e. se.dll is only a symptom
    >
    > se.dll is found somewhere in Docs and Settings\[name]\local
    > settings\...
    >
    > I have tried Ad-Aware 1.06, SpyBot 1.4, Norton AntiVirus 2004, AVG7,
    > XoftSpy 4.16, CWS Shredder 2.15 - Safe Mode or normal Windows.
    >
    > Using ZoneAlarm to block further Net infections.
    >
    > Looking for a program which is effective in removing this threat,
    > rather than a 50 step process (have found a couple fo the latter).
    >
    > Your help greatly appreciated
    >
    > tia
    >
    > jd

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=se.dll trojan&btnG=Google Search