    Can someone direct me to the proper section to edit? I have been unable
    to figure out how to get rid of this, even after reading the help files
    on mozilla.org.
    G Steeves, Aug 7, 2005

  2. G Steeves

    Doug G Guest

    G Steeves wrote:
    > I upgraded Mozilla suite from 1.7.08 first to 1.7.10 and now to 1.7.11.
    > On the first upgrade, it changed my viewing screen into two
    > horizontal viewing screens, but the bottom half is blank. Sometimes a
    > page loads into this half but makes the top half empty. I am not sure
    > if this is a separate pane or frame that has been created.
    >
    > Can someone direct me to the proper section to edit? I have been unable
    > to figure out how to get rid of this, even after reading the help files
    > on mozilla.org.

    Did you read this?
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#previous-mozilla
    Doug G, Aug 7, 2005

  3. G Steeves

    G Steeves Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Did you read this?
    > http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#previous-mozilla

    Yes, I completely uninstalled the previous version prior to installation
    of the new version. I also realize I could start a new profile and
    transfer everything, but this take time, and editing with chrome edit I
    hoped would be simpler. However, I cannot find an applicable item to
    edit. Any other ideas?
    G.Steeves
    G Steeves, Aug 7, 2005
  4. G Steeves

    Doug G Guest

    G Steeves wrote:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >> G Steeves wrote:
    >>> I upgraded Mozilla suite from 1.7.08 first to 1.7.10 and now to 1.7.11.
    >>> On the first upgrade, it changed my viewing screen into two
    >>> horizontal viewing screens, but the bottom half is blank. Sometimes a
    >>> page loads into this half but makes the top half empty. I am not sure
    >>> if this is a separate pane or frame that has been created.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone direct me to the proper section to edit? I have been unable
    >>> to figure out how to get rid of this, even after reading the help files
    >>> on mozilla.org.
    >>>

    >> Did you read this?
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#previous-mozilla

    > Yes, I completely uninstalled the previous version prior to installation
    > of the new version. I also realize I could start a new profile and
    > transfer everything, but this take time, and editing with chrome edit I
    > hoped would be simpler. However, I cannot find an applicable item to
    > edit. Any other ideas?
    > G.Steeves

    An extension may be the culprit. I'd try renaming the profile's chrome
    folder while the program is closed or creating a new profile.

    I've never experienced a split screen in a Mozilla browser.
    Doug G, Aug 7, 2005