    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.serflog.a.html
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.serflog.c.html

    Thanks for any help.
    Capt. Canuck, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Capt. Canuck wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My friend unknowingly accepted some file on msn and got this
    > virus. So I look it up and symantec has put a cleaner for it, the
    > problem is
    > that the program shuts down any programs that contains the word
    > "fix" in
    > their window title (among other words), so the program,
    > fixsflog.exe, closes as
    > soon as it is run. I also tried running it in safe mode, no luck. I
    > also
    > tried shutting down all the startup programs and then running it, no
    > luck. Does anybody know how to get rid of this thing?
    >
    > More Info:

    Abuse report filed with .
    Thomas Schmidt, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Capt. Canuck

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:03:46 -0500, "Thomas Schmidt" <>
    wrote:

    >Abuse report filed with .

    Care to explain why?
    cluedweasel, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Capt. Canuck

    Capt. Canuck Guest

    "Thomas Schmidt" <> wrote in message

    > Abuse report filed with .

    Huh??
    Thanks for the insightful response.
    Capt. Canuck, Mar 21, 2005
  5. Capt. Canuck

    Dan Glybitz Guest

    "Capt. Canuck" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > My friend unknowingly accepted some file on msn and got this virus. So
    > look it up and symantec has put a cleaner for it, the problem is that the
    > program shuts down any programs that contains the word "fix" in their
    > window
    > title (among other words), so the program, fixsflog.exe, closes as soon as
    > it is run. I also tried running it in safe mode, no luck. I also tried
    > shutting down all the startup programs and then running it, no luck. Does
    > anybody know how to get rid of this thing?
    >
    > More Info:
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_FATSO.A&VSect=T
    > and it's either one of these two:
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.serflog.a.html
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.serflog.c.html
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    Seems a bit obvious. Rename fixsflog.exe? Or is that too simple?

    DG.
    Dan Glybitz, Mar 21, 2005
  6. Capt. Canuck

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 04:03:28 GMT, "Capt. Canuck" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > My friend unknowingly accepted some file on msn and got this virus. So I
    >look it up and symantec has put a cleaner for it, the problem is that the
    >program shuts down any programs that contains the word "fix" in their window
    >title (among other words), so the program, fixsflog.exe, closes as soon as
    >it is run. I also tried running it in safe mode, no luck. I also tried
    >shutting down all the startup programs and then running it, no luck. Does
    >anybody know how to get rid of this thing?

    Have a browse through
    http://forums.happy-messaging.com/discus/messages/35/35.html. It's a
    forum about MSN virus problems. There may be something useful there.
    cluedweasel, Mar 21, 2005
  7. Capt. Canuck

    Capt. Canuck Guest

    "Dan Glybitz" <> wrote in message

    > Seems a bit obvious. Rename fixsflog.exe? Or is that too simple?
    >
    > DG.

    Yeah that seemed obvious to me too, I tried it....no luck. It still opens
    with whatever is supposed to be in the title bar (and I can't read cuz it
    opens and closes almost instantly)

    Thanks anyway though.
    Capt. Canuck, Mar 21, 2005
  8. Capt. Canuck

    Capt. Canuck Guest

    "cluedweasel" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 04:03:28 GMT, "Capt. Canuck" <> wrote:

    > Have a browse through
    > http://forums.happy-messaging.com/discus/messages/35/35.html. It's a
    > forum about MSN virus problems. There may be something useful there.

    There was some useful stuff there that I'll get him to try tommorrow.
    Thanks.
    Capt. Canuck, Mar 21, 2005
  9. Capt. Canuck

    Wizard Guest