    nonsense?

    TIA

    Toby

    Toby, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Toby

    Robert Baer Guest

    Toby wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Every time I boot my computer a web page from "Fastclick" opens up offering
    > me the usual crap. I'm constantly getting rid of all those tracking cookies,
    > and neither AdAware or SpyBot is finding anything. A search of the registry
    > does not turn up any "fastclick" text string.
    >
    > Any thoughts on how I might go about tracking down and eliminating this
    > nonsense?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Toby

    Get RegCleaner by Jouni Vuorio and find out what programs are set to
    run at startup.
    Also, look and see if ther are any other names to use, eg: if "turtle"
    is the name of the vendor, thenlook for "turtle"; if "fstclk" is seen in
    some context when it runs, then look for "fstclk".

    Robert Baer, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Toby

    Toby Guest

    Thanks Robert,

    I'll try your suggestions.

    Toby

    Toby, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Toby

    Kenny Guest

    Didn't see OP but would suggest downloading and running both SpyBot:
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    and AdAware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Both are free for home use.